Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realistic Pregnancy???

So just wondering if anyone else experienced this. My sim tryed for a baby with her husband and then she took the pregnancy test and an icon said she was eating for two and poof she had a good size prego belly and was huge her entire pregnancy. I had them try for a baby a few days later (mind you she didnt gain or loose wait she looked exactly the same) and when she took her pregnancy test the icon came up again but no baby bump this time.
When her 2nd trimester rolled around she had a small, bump and when she delivered her bump was almost the size as her first trimester of the first pregnancy. (No she did not have twins, both pregnancies single baby) So my question is have any of you expeirenced the same sim having different bump sizes with different births? Im thinking EA finally listened to are wants and gave us realistic pregnancies that are not the same each time.

Comments

• Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    Yes. I had a brother and a sister share a house with their spouses. Both of the women were pregnant at the same time. One was freaking huge and she delivered one child. The sister was so tiny, I didn't even realize she was full term yet, until I read the pregnancy icon stating she was due at any moment. She delivered twins. The sister got pregnant again, and she was bigger with her second pregnancy.

I like the variations in size. It makes it realistic. I also like how the pregnancy seems to vary lengths as well. Nice touch, EA.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    Tigger243Tigger243 Posts: 258 Member
    Oh that is cool! I have only had one baby so far so I haven't noticed, but I am excited to see!
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    Wow! I've only had one sim give birth so far, but that's really neat that it differs from sim to sim!
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I've only had two pregnancies (with two different sims). One she became HUGE as soon as she took the pregnancy test. I felt so sorry for her. I am talking big, bigger, oh my god! sizes during the trimesters.

My second sim got a little baby bump after the test and got pretty big by the 3rd trimester, but no where near as big as my first sim. I will be check with each sims next pregnancy to see how they compare to the previous pregnancy.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    cheyh719cheyh719 Posts: 251 Member
    Thanks for the comments guys! Im so excited about this new feature and i agree with you prOx1ma it does make it more realistic and im curious to have twins now to see the belly difference! (:
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Also, i just realized that she gained a some weight after giving birth which is a neat feature too! She even aint mostly healthy during the pregnancy.
  • Options
    pr0x1mapr0x1ma Posts: 5,898 Member
    Somehow, one of my sims lost weight after her pregnancy :p

I haven't seen my sims gain weight after, but that's also a nice touch! I will say, pregnancies are nicely done in this game. A lot better than in the past games.
    tumblr_mr2v3r8OEc1rsik0po1_400.gif
  • Options
    mwadmanmwadman Posts: 104 Member
    My sim continued to gain weight after her pregnancy. Even making her work out and eat healthy wasn't knocking off her baby fat.
  • Options
    mwadman wrote: »
    My sim continued to gain weight after her pregnancy. Even making her work out and eat healthy wasn't knocking off her baby fat.

My sim is having this problem too, she keeps working out and isnt loosing weight yet. But i read on another forum that loosing a gain weight is a new varying feature also.

• Options
    lady8janelady8jane Posts: 350 Member
    What I noticed was that my Sims boobs got bigger during her pregnancy. (And now I wonder if that word will make it through the spam filter ...)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    haha guess we'll find out if it makes it through lady8jane! i didnt notice that only bc my sims are well...huge to start off lol, but that is also pretty cool!