Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP! I just want to play my game :(

I hope someone out there can help me fix my problem, I'm pretty much coming here as a last resort...

My Sims 4 game will load perfectly fine when it is starting from scratch, but the moment I start a game and save it, the next time I try to load the game it stops responding when trying to start up after the Sims 4 logo. I have already talked to two different game advisers over at EA and neither one of them could fix it, one of them had said they had put in my case as a "high priority" for some upper level people but I never heard back from them (not surprising).

I have already tried a system restore, a clean boot, running the game under administrator, updating drivers, right clicking and trying "repair game" in origin, reinstalling, and running it in windowed mode. The only way I have been able to get the game to load is to completely delete the Sims 4 folder in the Electronic Arts folder, which contains mods, saved data, custom music, screenshots, etc. that will reload when you start the game, wipping the slate clean. I am currently not running with any mods.

here are my computer specs for anyone who wants them:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8084MB RAM
Page File: 2960MB used, 13205MB available
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 570
Display Memory: 4048 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1232 MB

I don't know what else to do at this point so I would love any feed back, it is incredibly frustrating to pay for a $70 game that I can't even play

Comments

• Options
    Staple_SaladStaple_Salad Posts: 474 Member
    Have you tried disabling your firewall/antivirus software? I was having a hard time launching the demo or SimCity because my antivirus was blocking them from launching. Ended up uninstalling my antivirus (it worked well, but it was a system hog and now I run better), now I don't have issues.

Launching even from offline didn't help prevent my antivirus from thinking Origin was a virus (not a slight against Origin, had the same problems with some Steam games too).
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Have you done anything in the TS4 folder? That's odd that you can run it in a clean version of the game, but when you save you are having problems. It seems like something is not generating right after you save. Can you try running it in offline mode and report back?
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Try putting Origin in offline mode. Online mode eats resources.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Also, if you are in the US, http://help.ea.com/en/the-sims/the-sims-4/?category=general-technical-support

Scroll to the bottom and select contact us. Fill out the questions and on the next page select "call me". Never do chat, that can take hours. They will usually call within a half hour depending on the game and their traffic.
  • Options
    NatNat044NatNat044 Posts: 15 New Member
    Well when I had talked to the advisers they were both over the phone, at the time the guy had said upper management was unavailable and that he would call me back in a few hours but that never happened. I tried a suggestion to start a new game in clean boot, play a little, save, exit and then immediately try to get back into the game and it worked in clean boot. I just don't know what steps I need to take now because I guess that means there is another application conflicting with the game?
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    This is happening to me as well. The first time the game loaded up, it loaded without problems. Now, every time without fail, it freezes on the loading plumbob at the beginning and I have to wait for it. It does eventually load, but it's annoying nonetheless.
  • Options
    @renzilla at least your game loads though? haha
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    NatNat044 wrote: »
    @renzilla at least your game loads though? haha
    Have you tried clicking somewhere (anywhere) and letting it realize it's not working? I do this and the box that lets me choose between closing the game and waiting for it to load pops up and I click on "Wait for it to load". I leave it there for a few minutes and it eventually loads even if it seems like it's taking forever.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Are you playing in fullscreen mode or windowed mode? Sometimes switching modes can help, also you'll be able to check and see if you're getting the "not responding" message on the icon in the tray.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited September 2014
    its best to keep all info in one thread so that folks helping can see the changes. i see it seems now your game cant load at all? if this is true can you list the things you tried to fix with the save problem that maybe the issue

also can you post full computer specs
    to post hit windows key + R enter dxdiag run report hit save all info and notepad doc will open copy/paste the whole long report here, thanks!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @renzilla when the plumbob freezes and stops loading I don't even get the option to wait for it to load, I usually have to force the program to shut down through task manager.

@stilljustme2 yeah I have tried windowed mode to no avail

@ceejay402 sorry, let me specify, I can get it to load when my computer goes into clean boot, but not outside of that unless I start my game all over again by deleting the Sims 4 file.
    Post edited by NatNat044 on
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Seriously, thanks everyone for all the help :)
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Bump
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Bump
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I was able to fix the problem by saving the game as a "save as" first, it still freezes for a little bit at the start up when the plumbob is loading but it does eventually load now
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    I am having the same issue but have found if I wait it will respond and will finally load, it is only on online mode I think it is the servers :( my game is totally capable of playing this game.
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims