Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims stuck "at work".

I saw another post for this, but I don't know where else to put this, hope that the devs may notice it.

I have a Sim who is 'at work', but he is obviously on the lot, interacting, able to do things, but I cannot select menus or look at his needs or anything.
My username is the unfortunate result of having created it when I was 11, for The Sims community back in 2002. Honestly I'm probably actually the numba2simplaya. ;)

Comments

• Options
    MrBurnzMrBurnz Posts: 3 New Member
    I am experiencing the same problem....and the only way I can fix it is to "Quit Job"
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    this just happened to me! i logged out of the game to see if that would fix but then i realized i should have reset the sim
  • Options
    carbangcarbang Posts: 2 New Member
    i tried all things, even evicting and deleting household.. moved in with new household and start fresh.. still run into same bug!! there's not way i can play this game without this bug fixed!!
    by the way the career path is Tech.. what paths did you guys encounter this bug on?
  • Options
    hvittsalthvittsalt Posts: 3 New Member
    My sister experienced this and tried everything until she gave up, uninstalled the game and then re-installed it. Now the problem is gone.
  • Options
    MrBurnzMrBurnz Posts: 3 New Member
    I experienced it on Secret Agent and Tech. I tried resetting the sim but that didn't work.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    Found the solution just have them return home early. So click on the at work icon lower left hand side and select leave work early
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Great... I never was a fan in Sims 3 when sims disappeared to do something (like 'the parents going on a holiday while the teens stay at home'), because it's a buggy buniness. I hate it the new sims just disappear when they go to work or school, I'll hate it even more now.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Mortusnyte998Mortusnyte998 Posts: 6 New Member
    I answered this on another thread but they wont let me post a link yet...

1. Go to Manage Worlds, Save and Manage World if you have to or Just Manage Worlds.
    2. At the top right of the screen, select Manage Households.
    3. Select your currently playing glitched household.
    4. Select Edit Household.
    5. In the create household mode, save the household at the top right.
    6. Exit edit household by canceling everything.
    7. Evict Household from current lot.
    8. Select Create New household to move in lot.
    9. In the create household mode, select Gallery at the top right
    10. Import the household that you just saved which was glitched.
    11. Play with that new (old) household.