Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 - Still Great To Play!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm still enjoying playing the Sims 3 & the Sims 2.
One Day My Ship Will Come In.... And With My Luck, I'll Be At The Airport.

Comments

• Options
    msarobixmsarobix Posts: 192 Member
    @MicronautDoc4, I agree. I have all the Eps and Stuff Packs for TS3, as well as a bunch of Store content. I won't be giving up on TS3 anytime soon. But I am installing TS4 on my MAC through BootCamp because I just can't get enough Sims.
  • Options
    SimpadoraFollySimpadoraFolly Posts: 4 New Member
    Been Simming since 2000, and I agree - S3 is still an *awesome*, viable game for me. I think my disappointment mostly stems from the fact that I just got my Retina MBP 15 this summer (birthday gift, lucky me!) and I am still waiting for the native version of S4 for OSX.

I know I have the option to install via BootCamp, Parallels, etc., but I'm going to try to wait a *teeny bit* longer, to see if EA announces an OSX-friendly version...
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I'm not running off and buying Sims 4 just yet. I'm waiting until it's either cheaper or Mac Native. I have the Demo and that's fun, but I'm enjoying Sims 3 and finally being able to play all of Sims 2. :D

However, I hope those who do have Sims 4 will keep us informed of how they like the game.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    I'm still really enjoying the sims 3.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    @SimpadoraFolly, I also have the MacBook Retina, and really don't like Windows, but since I Love Sims more than I hate Microsoft, I decided to give it a try. I don't particularly like running Windows on my Mac, but Sims 4 runs beautifully on it. I do plan to buy the MAC version of Sims 4 the moment it comes out because I would so much prefer not to run it through Window.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    The more I play TS4, the more bored I get with it. I've almost finished a new world for TS3 so that's keeping me busy :)
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    I'd got a few days off and am having a great time in TS3. I still really love it :)
    GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • Options
    The more I play TS4, the more bored I get with it. I've almost finished a new world for TS3 so that's keeping me busy :)

@BluebellFlora, are you getting bored with TS4 or TS3?
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    From what I have read, the game play in Sims 4 isn't very challenging for experienced simmers. It depends on what you like to do. If you like to build, the building tools are fun, but limited. Since I don't have the actual game, I can't really comment properly.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited September 2014
    Bored with TS4

Now I'm in TS3 again it makes me realise even more how stripped down TS4 is. And I'm not talking about things your Sims can do because I don't play that often, I just mean generally, the game feels empty.
    Post edited by BluebellFlora on
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    Bored with TS4

Now I'm in TS3 again it makes me realise even more how stripped down TS4 is. And I'm not talking about things your Sims can do because I don't play that often, I just mean generally, the game feels empty.

I understand TS4 lacks some content. For example, there are fewer floor colors in TS4 vs TS3. TS3 on PC/Mac is still fun to play although I'm kind of think Sims University is getting boring because I'm trying to get 3 degrees which takes several weeks but the other Worlds are fun to play. I've been playing TS3 since 2009 and I like it although I dislike its loading times, glitches as well as lack of updates to fix existing bugs.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer