Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What I Love About Sims 4 Is The Function Themselves!

The Sims 4 I consider to be a revamp of the franchise. A new beginning that people are robbing themselves of the experience because of some features that are not included. I for one am loving The Sims 4. One major reason is the smoothness and speed of the game. The function itself. Literally since release day I experienced no lagging! None! Sims 3 was 12 bugs a day with a side order of shut down but not only that but when my Sims go to sleep at night the fast forward speed is so fast I go through eight to nine hours in like 20 seconds while in Sims 3 I could knit you a sweater, make some waffles, iron my clothes, watch an episode of Sponge bob before I could get to the next day. Speed was so slow as fast forwarding in Sims 3. The motions of the Sims are no longer robotic but are fluid with great detail on posture, facial expressions, etc. I love how the game feels like a stranger to it's own franchise cause it's a lot more playable. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited September 2014
    I currently have no lags or bugs in TS3.

If no lagging means a game so shallow and poor it loads fast, no, thank you.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    My TS3 game runs near flawlessly. It's given me trouble, but overall, it's not a huge deal.

If "smoothness" means a game where I have to struggle for 5+ hours to find something fun, I'll pass.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    @DegrassiGen The work days just zoom by I love that! and while they sleep it's just a few blinks and it's morning.
    I used to fold laundry at those times before. :D
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    SikukeSikuke Posts: 96 Member
    Personally I find each of The Sims game as a masterpiece in their own way. Well , some of the stuff packs are not my style. But the sims 4 ,it's absolutely amazing. I don't bother myself over the "missing" things. I love it's a little different than the rest of sims. And that they have created a good achievements system. There are so many things that I love. Great game.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2014
    I guess I'm also one of the lucky ones who doesn't experience much lag in TS3. It runs like a dream ever since I installed it on my new computer. I understand that they say they went so basic with TS4 in order to try to make it run better, so we'll see if that holds up once the expansion packs start rolling in. I can say that I think TS4 runs smoothly... for now. >:)

Anyway, I'm glad you're having a good experience with it. Unfortunately, I find that I have a hard time finding stuff to keep me entertained in TS4. There are some good aspects, but so far 3 was a better fit for me.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    My TS3 game runs near flawlessly. It's given me trouble, but overall, it's not a huge deal.

If "smoothness" means a game where I have to struggle for 5+ hours to find something fun, I'll pass.

This.
  • Options

This.
  • Options
    Emad_815Emad_815 Posts: 5 New Member
    I love it too.
    I the new look takes away a lot of unnecessary load on the graphics card but it still looks better than sims 3 to me. The artistic style and look really fits what the game is. And yes the sims themselves were such a surprise for me too. They are so much more fluid and natural. I use to roll my eyes every time i read that in sims 4 you could see emotions on the sims face and tell how they are feeling because i used to think that we have already seen that in sims 3 and even 2, but i was way wrong. They really do have emotions like we've never seen before.
    And one more thing that absolutely blew me away was the multitasking feature. This should've been hyped up more. It makes them feel so much more real. I was playing my game and my sim was very hungry so he was sitting at a picnic table and eating. Suddenly I saw a sim in the distance whom I wanted my sim to meet but I didn;t want him t ostop eating. I was blown away when I saw my sim actually get up and take his plate with him and then stand there and eat and talk like a real person would (instead of always having to sit when eating).
    I'm just falling in love with this completely revamped version of the game. I don't know why so many people are upset.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Emad_815 wrote: »
    I don't know why so many people are upset.

It's great you love it so much. Those of us who are upset don't feel the same because we have a different view about it.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    SimChaoSimChao Posts: 117 Member
    edited September 2014
    I agree with the OP. The whole Sims 3 era was like a long nightmare. It was an excellent idea on paper but so sloppily executed that it was nearly unplayable even on my high-end rig simply due to the bad programming. It felt like I spent more time addressing bugs and flaws in the programming with various work-arounds and third-party fixes than playing the actual game. The Sims 4 is already so much better, I haven't had this much fun with a Sims game since TS1.
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    I really haven't had any problems, and am rather enjoying the game! I think the key to that is to really look at it for what it is... it's just a base game. Just dive in and explore it! Explore all areas of it! Before ya know it, you'll be losing all track of time :)
  • Options
    JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    It runs superbly, no freezes either!
  • Options
    joancrawfordjoancrawford Posts: 88 Member
    I'm having a blast with this game! The Sims are much more realistic in terms of emotions and movements.
  • Options
    WigginsWiggins Posts: 38 Member
    Agreed with the OP. The game runs much smoother for me. Also, call me crazy, but I happen to prefer the "segmented world" over the "open world" style of Sims 3. To me, the Sims 3 felt too chaotic because of the open world.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Another thing is that in Sims 3 when I wanted to start an action from the pie menu there was always a pause. Like I had to wait a couple seconds before it came but here there's no pause. There's my applause for such smooth gameplay but wow I'm amazed. The pie menu is bubbly and comes right away!
  • Options
    dnmartyndnmartyn Posts: 282 Member
    MapiyaSims wrote: »
    I didn't have those types of problems in TS3, it took 2 minutes to load the game with all EP's, SP's, and a ton of store, CC, and mods. I purchased TS4 and found it lacking so I got a refund. It's going to be up to the individual, everyone is different. I really don't know why some people have such a hard time grasping that fact.

My guess is that you have been tarred with the same brush as the people who have been less than respectful with their criticism.

There is a very vocal minority of complaining posters who refer to the people who were excited for TS4 as sheep, etc. It's a shame, because the people who respectfully voiced their concerns and criticisms were invaluable to me in deciding I wanted to purchase the game. I bought it having a pretty good idea what to expect, mostly due to posters who questioned things and posted their concerns. Despite that, I have avoided the complaint threads for the last couple of weeks, because I grew heartily tired of being told I was blindly following hype, and not making and informed decision based on my own playstyle and the information at hand.

So TL;DR : Because a small number of other complainers have said they don't understand how anyone could like it, people are justifying why they like it to anyone that doesn't. It's a viscious self-feeding cycle.
  • Options
    Yeah it's one thing to hate the game but to go out and judge others telling them not to buy the game followed my insults if you continue to express to enjoy them then that's not cool. This is worst then the Sims 2 is better then Sims 3 battle. Simmers duked it out back then now it's just sad!
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I love the smoothness. I'll be playing all weekend lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    @Orchid13 Me too and the game is also so fluid on going from one neighborhood to the next that's awesome!