Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Adoption?

Is there an adoption feature and has anyone tested it yet?

Comments

• Options
    XOBABEXO3XOBABEXO3 Posts: 350 Member
    There is! I found it on the computer under household, I'm not sure of any other way, I've not really looked. :P
  • Options
    KShannonKShannon Posts: 223 Member
    Pretty sure you can also do it through the phone. Costs $1,000.
  • Options
    kayla1686kayla1686 Posts: 1,697 Member
    Good to know! I was worried that it wasn't included. I like that it costs money, that certainly makes it seem more realistic. Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Yay it's there. I was worried. Bump.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    femitche514femitche514 Posts: 124 Member
    I just adopted a child. It's one of the goals for the "big happy family" aspiration. She's adorable and for the first time in ANY sims game, I actually am enjoying the children. I used to age them up as fast as possible or ship them off to boarding school...but I'm actually getting attached to my little children sims.

I just noticed something super adorable. One of my sim kids was eating a plate of cookies, but didn't want to put her barbie doll down, so she has it sitting on her plate as she is eating. The Sims 4 is rich with story possibilities for the kids...and while no toddlers was a hard pill to swallow for a lot of people, I do think that they at least tried to up the ante with the child age span. There's an awful lot for them to do...and I've barely scratched the surface.

maya_angelou.jpg
  • Options
    FleurkweenFleurkween Posts: 235 Member
    Do you get to choose from a list?.
    \cat%20with%20tea_zpsejebanah.jpg
  • Options
    KShannonKShannon Posts: 223 Member
    > @femitche514 said:
    > I just adopted a child. It's one of the goals for the "big happy family" aspiration. She's adorable and for the first time in ANY sims game, I actually am enjoying the children. I used to age them up as fast as possible or ship them off to boarding school...but I'm actually getting attached to my little children sims.

Yep! They're adorable. And having their own skills and aspiration goals gives them a new depth.

I love it, although it makes me sad for what toddlers could have been.
  • Options
    I just adopted a child. It's one of the goals for the "big happy family" aspiration. She's adorable and for the first time in ANY sims game, I actually am enjoying the children. I used to age them up as fast as possible or ship them off to boarding school...but I'm actually getting attached to my little children sims.

I just noticed something super adorable. One of my sim kids was eating a plate of cookies, but didn't want to put her barbie doll down, so she has it sitting on her plate as she is eating. The Sims 4 is rich with story possibilities for the kids...and while no toddlers was a hard pill to swallow for a lot of people, I do think that they at least tried to up the ante with the child age span. There's an awful lot for them to do...and I've barely scratched the surface.
    Awww, that is so cute! The biggest aspect of the sims for me has always been creating families, so it's nice to see that the children are more like little people with real personalities in TS4 rather than little drones that go to school, sleep, eat, and occasionally play with a toy or two.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited September 2014
    Fleurkween wrote: »
    Do you get to choose from a list?.

Yes, you get to choose from a list of a few babies and several children.

• Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member

OMGG the barbie doll thing, that is SO CUTE.

my actual little girl loves to have her dolls join her for things like that. How sweeeeet!
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    UDLMUDLM Posts: 49 Member
    Yes, they do give a list, with pictures - similar to when you adopted a pet from TS3.
  • Options
    Are the children already named?
  • Options
    kayla1686 wrote: »

The children are already named, but it gives you the option to rename. I was looking to adopt a teen, but that wasn't available. You can choose from babies or children to adopt.
    maya_angelou.jpg
  • Options
    robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    Yes you can pick a child
  • Options
    Meg1_B2Meg1_B2 Posts: 519 Member

The children are already named, but it gives you the option to rename. I was looking to adopt a teen, but that wasn't available. You can choose from babies or children to adopt.

I wonder why they don't allow you to adopt teens. We were never allowed to were we?
  • Options
    Meg1_B2 wrote: »

I wonder why they don't allow you to adopt teens. We were never allowed to were we?

I was trying to remember that as well, but I don't think teens were ever available to adopt.
    maya_angelou.jpg