Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 to 4 Clothing Issues

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I hope someone from EA sees it! I have been lurking on the forums and reading about the Sims 4. I am excited about the release of the game and I have tried and enjoyed the demo. So far, I like the increased variety of body shapes and traits and aspirations.

Many posters are suggesting changes they might like to see in the Sims 4. I thought I might suggest a few things no one (to my knowledge) has mentioned yet....

1. In the Sims 3, insane sims never wear the proper clothing: This kind of bugs me. I take a lot of time thinking about the clothes when I design a sim, so to have an insane sim constantly changing into swimwear for no reason is annoying. When I'm designing an insane sim, I already give them "insane" everyday clothes and I would rather them not change into swimwear or formal wear unless the occasion befits it.
2. The default career clothing for sims in the Sims 3 is strange and almost never includes shoes: This also bugs me. Perhaps in the Sims 4, the game can go to CAS after your sim gets a job so that you can design their career clothes on your own?
3. In the Sims 3, proper sims always wear formal clothes. This bugs me because I never see them wear their everyday clothes, which means they actually have one less clothing option than other non-proper sims. IMHO, a proper person would deem formal clothes improper for informal occasions. Perhaps in the Sims 4, proper should change into formal clothes only for meal times and formal occasions?

Thanks for reading my first post.

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Tbh, I don't pay much attention to what my sims wear after I've assigned them their outfits in CAS.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    This is confusing for some reason...
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    About your first issue -- that is part of the insane trait, wearing the wrong clothes.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    About your first issue -- that is part of the insane trait, wearing the wrong clothes.

This is random, but is your name shortened or abbreviated for something else?
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    Insane/proper sims don't change into a random outfit though. They change into a random outfit that YOU set - proper sims change into their formal outfit. It's kind of annoying I suppose, but it is part of the traits.

As for the career outfits, yes, it was lame. It was 100% broken for me.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Tbh, I don't pay much attention to what my sims wear after I've assigned them their outfits in CAS.

Agreed. I also never did the insane trait, so I never saw the issue you're talking about with the inappropriate clothing. I did have them randomly change clothes I didn't assign them, but unless it was truly atrocious looking (like shorts and snow boots) I didn't care too much. I was more concerned with what they were doing rather than what they were wearing.
  • Options
    AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    1.) Can't agree with you there as that is one of the things I love about insane sims
    2.) That only happened towards the end of Sims 3 run, probably a bug, chances are that will not be a problem in the sims 4, if sims even have career clothing at all!
    3.) Yeah, I did think they would always change to formal too frequently, so I see you point, but that may never be a trait in the sims 4, so I wouldn't get too worried about it!
    :smile:

Good first post, I give it a soild 7/10! XD
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • Options
    SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    As Proper is my favorite trait, I hope it shows up in the Sims or redone and renamed. As long as I get my bowing and curtseys. But, if you don't want your Sims doing any of this stuff (changing outfits to fit their trait) then don't give them that trait.
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    I agree with all these points, aside from the proper trait complaint because I had no idea it existed. What EP did that come with?

But yes the career outfits are SUPER messed up (in my day, businessmen went to work in suits, not in khaki shorts and bare feet) and it's especially inconvenient with the teens seeing as it'll rarely let you change their career outfits. And I've always found it annoying how the insane Sims never wear what you want them to wear. It was a funny feature at first, but it quickly just became cumbersome and tiring.
    44444.gif
  • Options
    I agree with all these points, aside from the proper trait complaint because I had no idea it existed. What EP did that come with?
    @MelanieSimlish It came with Supernaturals! It's a fun trait! :smiley:
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • Options
    Susim62Susim62 Posts: 225 Member
    My main issue is sims wearing their work uniforms when they are not at work. I had a chef sim in TS3 who wore that boring outfit ALL the time, even on her days off. Ts2 is just as guilty though. I don't want sims turning up for dates in work uniform.
    I'm not holding out hope that TS4 will be any different after seeing a video of someone wearing a space/astronaut suit at the gym!
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Sims 3 clothing was a catastrophe to begin with anyway. The clothes looked like they were outdated decades ago and like sims were trying to live in the past. And this is the base game that I'm talking about generations and late night added new clothes but without them uh uh.
  • Options
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Sims 3 clothing was a catastrophe to begin with anyway. The clothes looked like they were outdated decades ago and like sims were trying to live in the past. And this is the base game that I'm talking about generations and late night added new clothes but without them uh uh.

I agree with you on that one, majorly outdated, that is the one thing I like so far about the Sims 4, the base game clothes aren't completely horrendous!
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • Options
    Alizatina wrote: »

I agree with you on that one, majorly outdated, that is the one thing I like so far about the Sims 4, the base game clothes aren't completely horrendous!

Agreed the clothes are fetch enough where I won't have to cry while searching for CC right away. I can take my time and play the game all the while I casual search for new styles and stuff.
  • Options

Agreed the clothes are fetch enough where I won't have to cry while searching for CC right away. I can take my time and play the game all the while I casual search for new styles and stuff.

Yeah, besides looking for recolors, I am not to worried about CC!
    Also, Nice use of fetch! XD
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
  • Options

Oh thank you... is it bad that I've incorporated fetch into my everyday language.... and the only main CC that I'm looking for is hair because I don't like laffy taffy.
  • Options

Oh thank you... is it bad that I've incorporated fetch into my everyday language.... and the only main CC that I'm looking for is hair because I don't like laffy taffy.

True that!
    Though some aren't that bad, so I think all the rest need are some better textures!
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png