Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A question about pre-orders

I have been thinking about pre-ordering The Sims 4 through Amazon but i've never done it so i have some questions...
When do they usually ship out?
Do you get it on time?
Can you get it early?

Comments

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited August 2014
    They have release day guarantee delivery with two-day shipping. I've used it before and actually had a PS4 game come a day before release. I have Sims 4 ordered through Amazon for this as well.

EDIT: Also, though this has never happened to me, they will give you your money back on shipping if they do not deliver on time or, if you have prime, will extend your prime membership to make up for it. Again, I have yet to have a pre-order come late.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    They have release day guarantee delivery with two-day shipping. I've used it before and actually had a PS4 game come a day before release. I have Sims 4 ordered through Amazon for this as well.

EDIT: Also, though this has never happened to me, they will give you your money back on shipping if they do not deliver on time or, if you have prime, will extend your prime membership to make up for it. Again, I have yet to have a pre-order come late.

Okay, thanks I might just give it a try then :)

• Options
    lanna_rawrlanna_rawr Posts: 25 Member
    I guess it depends on where you are. Whenever I pre-order from amazon I get my games 2 or more days after its released usually.
  • Options
    lanna_rawr wrote: »
    I guess it depends on where you are. Whenever I pre-order from amazon I get my games 2 or more days after its released usually.

But do you get two day shipping? They don't do guarantees on regular shipping.
  • Options
    lanna_rawrlanna_rawr Posts: 25 Member
    I have prime. It just depends on where you live.
  • Options
    That's interesting. Then I would be careful! I wouldn't want to wait around after it releases :/
  • Options
    I might try it anyway. That way i'll know the next time.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited August 2014
    Release day delivery has never failed for me from Amazon. In many cases I end up getting it one day BEFORE it is in stores. Which is awesome.

I live relatively close to an Amazon warehouse though (about a 7 hour drive), which means I typically get 1-day delivery even when they ship it to me via 2nd-day.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Yeah I've preorderd TS3 Uni Life from Amazon before and I got it I want to say before for release
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Thanks guys! I'm going to give it a shot :D
  • Options
    BWpunisherBWpunisher Posts: 169 Member
    Keep in mind that it's Labor Day right before the release of September 2nd. That may impact when physical copies arrive.
  • Options
    BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    I went through Amazon because I want to have Sims 4 physical. Though I am hoping for the game early, I just want it on release day. :P
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    BrandiBug wrote: »
    I went through Amazon because I want to have Sims 4 physical. Though I am hoping for the game early, I just want it on release day. :P

• Options
    PinkLoveJonasPinkLoveJonas Posts: 442 Member
    I was considering on preordering through Amazon as well because I want a physical copy but I wasn't sure what shipping method to select. I want it on release day. This answers most of my questions. I just don't know what version I want.
    OriginID: prettypinkpixels