Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Energy savings in TS2; a first for me.

MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
I never had the Mansions & Gardens SP, so the "green energy" windmills and solar panels (under sculptures, of all places) were new to me. My Sim got a want to buy one, so I bought the windmill. Imagine my surprise when a few days later the family got a $53 rebate for saving energy! Fun surprise!

Comments

• Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    That only increases, as time goes on. It's great for struggling families.

When my families start making good money, I take away their green source. LOL.

DYK that the ceiling fans really turn on.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I had no idea those things happened. Thanks for the tips! I'll probably do that with my families.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    ErnesaT wrote: »
    That only increases, as time goes on. It's great for struggling families.

When my families start making good money, I take away their green source. LOL.

DYK that the ceiling fans really turn on.

No, I didn't! My Sim had a wish to buy one, so I did, but I haven't tried clicking on it. Thanks!

• Options
    YW. Your simmies get bigger rebates if you have more than one energy source. For instance, I usually give them a turbine (windmill) and 2 or 3 solar panels on the roof. My simmies get rebates of up to §254.00
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    elinorablyelinorably Posts: 301 Member
    I had no idea about that, either. Mansions and Gardens was the one that I didn't really spend much time with in the end, before the move to TS3. I've been playing TS2 a lot lately. I'm either discovering things I never knew about (which is a nice surprise), or I'm suddenly remembering things that I truly loved about the game - things that I haven't seen in so long. It's been such a lovely walk down memory lane, and I've loved every second of it.
  • Options
    HatchlingHatchling Posts: 67 Member
    > @ErnesaT said:
    > That only increases, as time goes on. It's great for struggling families.
    >
    > When my families start making good money, I take away their green source. LOL.
    >
    > DYK that the ceiling fans really turn on.

Speaking of fans, do they do much? I have a sim who keeps overheating at night (summer time) so I bought him a fan and had him turn it on, but it doesn't seem to help much...
  • Options
    RubiesandRainbowsRubiesandRainbows Posts: 197 Member
    I've never noticed them do anything, though there again, I've never had them on. Have you made sure that there's a ceiling and all the walls are done, because you're meant to revert to normal temperature if you're inside and not jumping on the couches (the amount that raises temperature is ludicrous in my opinion). I think you can drink juice to lower temperature, but I don't know what else does.
  • Options
    HatchlingHatchling Posts: 67 Member
    Yes, I even deleted the roof and put a new one on and he still keeps getting too hot. I'm not sure why. (This is the complete version released through Origin last month for free, so it should be completely patched correct? Or do I need to get the patches separate?)
  • Options
    Are you missing any wall portions? A lot of EA houses have slanted roofs, but to make the gables, they leave off a portion of the wall... especially in the attic/2nd floor rooms. If any portion of the wall is missing, the game registers that area to be outdoors.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    Cindyjo5477Cindyjo5477 Posts: 81 Member
    That use to happen alot to me until I put a floor tile down above that room. Then my sims quit getting too hot or cold.
    Come check out my new Let's Plays

YouTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC8D-qr5zK1MQehcwlCE06ew
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/
  • Options
    PkrDlr81PkrDlr81 Posts: 14 New Member
    I didn't know that. Thanks for sharing! I had stopped playing TS2 after the seasons pack came out, so I didn't even know that there was a green energy option. It took a while to re-adjust to TS2, but I'm in love with how fast it saves and loads.
  • Options
    TrishAKingTrishAKing Posts: 275 Member
    I had no idea about this! I'm gonna try this later. Thanks :)
  • Options
    coocoosimcoocoosim Posts: 325 Member
    I always wondered if they did anything, or if they were simply decoration. I know a few families that this will come in handy for... I love discovering new things about TS2!
    Let's Play The Goth Family, here!
    Watch The Bunker Challenge, here!
    AND while you're at it, here's my simblr! :D
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Hatchling wrote: »
    Yes, I even deleted the roof and put a new one on and he still keeps getting too hot. I'm not sure why. (This is the complete version released through Origin last month for free, so it should be completely patched correct? Or do I need to get the patches separate?)

There is a patch where you downloaded the game in origin, you right click on the picture and click on update, or something like that.
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    There were a couple of houses that were a problem with weather. They were created before weather and their roofs were not weather proof.