Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

DDS in Photoshop CS6?

I can't seem to open the DDS file in Photoshop CS6 whey I try to recolor a hair. I get a message about "not right kind of document". What do I need to do to get Photoshop to open the DDS to work with it?

Comments

• Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    You need the Nvidia DDS Plugin or something along those lines in order to open a DDS file
  • Options
    Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    Thank you both for the information.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Did you get it to work? I'm using CS5 and even after downloading and installing the DDS utility I get the same message.
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Hrm that's odd, for a while I used a work-around program that converted files like .psd to .dds so that might help in the meantime. Strange that the plugin isn't working for you.
  • Options
    LaudeLaude Posts: 640 Member
    greenXen wrote: »
    Did you get it to work? I'm using CS5 and even after downloading and installing the DDS utility I get the same message.

Did you download the correct plugin for your pc?
  • Options
    Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    I got DDS to work by downloading the 64 bit and 32 bit DDS for photoshop. I also needed to edit-> preferences -> Plug ins-> and click enable additional Plug ins to get DDS working in my photoshop.
  • Options
    xox_sugarlips_xoxxox_sugarlips_xox Posts: 98 Member
    I got DDS to work by downloading the 64 bit and 32 bit DDS for photoshop. I also needed to edit-> preferences -> Plug ins-> and click enable additional Plug ins to get DDS working in my photoshop.

This is also how I made it work for me! :)
    VzmSMfi.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    Thanks for the help, guys. I finally got it working. I just had to try 8 more times and it's finally working. I don't know why it didn't work all those other times. I didn't do anything differently.