Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 headphones and mouse

I'm really confused about these so I'm curious who's buying. I'm assuming the mouse is just a collectors item as all it does it light up the plum bob when the sims emotions change.

Anyone?
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    edited August 2014
    They aren't anything special really. I doubt that they change color.
    Plumbob and the mouse wheel light up, pulsate, and shift color depending on Sim's emotional state
    I stand corrected AND THATS PRETTY DARN AWESOME!
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    BurningSimsationBurningSimsation Posts: 36 Member
    I'm waiting for reviews on the mouse and headset. In the past I've used mouses that were uncomfortable and caused pain. Headsets usually aren't very durable (except for the very expensive ones).
  • Options
    KeziahTKeziahT Posts: 968 Member
    Fiever7 wrote: »
    Plumbob and the mouse wheel light up, pulsate, and shift color depending on Sim's emotional state

Wow, makes me glad that I pre-ordered them :smiley:
  • Options
    bamcam30bamcam30 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Not me. Not only because I'm indifferent to the Sims 4, but the whole headset and mouse just seems pretty pointless, especially if you already have a working mouse and some earbuds. That's just my way of seeing it.
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,762 Member
    KeziahT wrote: »

You pre ordered without knowing what they do?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    kinda want the mouse but I rather save that $30 since I still have a perfectly good gaming mouse.
    Headsets I hate with a passion. I always get a good set of headphones and then a modmic
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    KeziahTKeziahT Posts: 968 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »

I knew it lit up and changed colour but not the pulsating bit.
  • Options
    DeadFishy wrote: »

I knew it lit up and changed colour but not the pulsating bit.

Aaa. I forgot about that bit.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    edited August 2014
    Double post ???

Post edited by jacqpinks on
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    how do they pulsate? they change colour and you can set them to any colour you want but they don't pulsate 7038_870415222970058_7961132823547773767_n.jpg?oh=4bc79bea0ca6e032937e72e4eebfdb3a&oe=547AA099

10544328_867141056630808_9167460286360269802_n.jpg

ok I have just read the link on the steel series site and it says it does Pulsate lol

Click HERE For Steel Series site
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    windchime00windchime00 Posts: 294 Member
    Oh man I really want the set!
  • Options
    Addicted2FashionAddicted2Fashion Posts: 507 Member
    I pre-ordered the mouse :#
    2dlpsog.png

• Options
    The mouse doesn't look particularly ergonomic.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    It is just a special mouse and headset that do fancy things in the game and changes color outside of the game. It is just something fun to have if you don't already have them. And Steel Series does make good quality things. My fiance's steel series mouse is six years old and still going strong even if it looks worn. He goes through cheaper mouses faster.

I have a laptop and I haven't had a mouse in years. I'm getting the mouse because it will make the game easier for me to play and because I think it looks nice.
  • Options
    Ashyy_xAshyy_x Posts: 72 Member
    I probably would have bought the mouse and headset if I didn't have a great gaming mouse and Beats headphones. Too much money spent on those to justify buying a mouse and headset that would only be half as good.
    Origin ID: -TragicAffair
    tumblr_inline_nah35yGcvQ1r5h0tf.gif
  • Options
    The Mouse looks huge but it is really smooth and nice to handle, the plumbob clicks as well but not sure what it does it types the letter n when you use it
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    my hubby bought me the headset not the mouse XD but it look's really neat :)
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    TMWDSiTMWDSi Posts: 90 Member
    jacqpinks wrote: »
    The Mouse looks huge but it is really smooth and nice to handle, the plumbob clicks as well but not sure what it does it types the letter n when you use it

That means that button is mapped to the letter N on your mouse. The SteelSeries Engine allows you to remap the buttons as you like.
  • Options
    MakoSimMakoSim Posts: 184 Member
    i never play with headphones and i have a good mouse already so this set is pretty pointless to me. i'm not saying that it doesn't look cool but i'd rather spend my money on something else.
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    jacqpinks wrote: »

I read that in the game it is supposed to center on the sim you are playing when you click it. As for outside of the game, you can program it to choose what it does when you click on it! I might make that my automatic mute button or something....

• Options
    Rayeee18Rayeee18 Posts: 333 Member
    I think they look pretty cool, I mean I don't know if I buy them but If I have the spare cash then why not.
  • Options
    clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited August 2014
    I would love to get them but I don't see the point since the mouse and headphones I have now are fairly new. Maybe I'll get them one day if they are still available but not right now. The changing colors do look awesome though! I didn't know they did that.