Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

thumbnails

miromannmiromann Posts: 10 New Member
Anyone know how you can change the thumbnails for clothes?

Comments

• Options
    MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    > @miromann said:
    > Anyone know how you can change the thumbnails for clothes?
    >

Yep. If you delete 'localthumbcache.package' in your CAS Demo directory (usually located in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo) the game should regenerate the thumbnails, including for your custom content, next time you run the demo.
  • Options
    not quite there yet... I'm trying to replace the swatch in the package. I try to export it, but the exported file is always unusable, so I guess I do something wrong.
  • Options
    > @miromann said:
    > not quite there yet... I'm trying to replace the swatch in the package. I try to export it, but the exported file is always unusable, so I guess I do something wrong.

Oh right, have you got your replacement swatch image to show up in s4pe yet? I used 'replace...' in the right click context menu to import my replacement image, which needs to be a 32x32 dds.

Then make sure to close s4pe before loading up the CAS demo!
  • Options
    Yeah, if you are getting the crash on hovering the swatch definitely follow this thread:

http ://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/771325/color-magic-bugfix/p1 (remove the space after http)

The second method (explained in detail by @Srikandi715 ) worked for me.
  • Options
    Thank you, it worked like a charm :)

But still there is a little issue. Even though both the swatch and the texture look nice and clear in Photoshop and in s4pe, the swatch looks blurry in CAS. The texture example also look blurry in CAS but nice and clear on the sim. any idea why that is?
  • Options
    ...That sounds like a problem with the mips or texture format. Do you have 12 mips on the main texture? Exported as DXT5?

I don't think the swatch needs any mips, seems to work as a DXT5 too.