Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mac Version Eventually?

Will there eventually be a version of the Sims 4 for Mac? Has this actually been confirmed by EA/Maxis? I have seen some users post that it will come out later, but my understanding was that Sims 4 would only be for PC.

Comments

• Options
    lotte9558lotte9558 Posts: 45 Member
    edited August 2014
    At this time it will only be for PC, but when I talked with EA help they said that I could buy the PC version now and I could download the mac version for free when it will be released, because I already bought the PC version. So I guess eventually also a mac version will come, the question is only when...

Anyway I'm not sure, especially when I read the comments below.
  • Options
    QuelsimmyQuelsimmy Posts: 531 Member
    There are currently no plans for a Mac version
  • Options
    residentevilobresidentevilob Posts: 141 Member
    There are no console or mac versions being worked on. Only the PC version because the PC gaming market is higher.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    I wouldnt even consider the pc version to be complete...
  • Options
    DawnWriterDawnWriter Posts: 13 New Member
    Thanks for the answers!
  • Options
    AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    It is most likely a definite maybe!

Though SimCity did eventually come out with a Mac version!
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    There's still some debate on wether or not a Mac version will exist at all since they've announced they were mostly focusing on PC. My guess is wait 6 months. By then they should have one just like they did SimCity. As a mac user I use Bootcamp which basically creates a Windows partition on your Mac allowing you to use both OS X or Windows. All you would need is a copy of Windows, a thumb drive and of course your Mac. If you need any help or have questions about it just let me know and I'll be glad to help :)
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    OceanBlue10OceanBlue10 Posts: 361 Member
    lotte9558 wrote: »
    At this time it will only be for PC, but when I talked with EA help they said that I could buy the PC version now and I could download the mac version for free when it will be released, because I already bought the PC version. So I guess eventually also a mac version will come, the question is only when...

Surely retailers only take a deposit? Online retailers take payment just before dispatch.
    I read that EA were telling people not to buy Sims 4 for PC if they have a .. I can't even bare to say the word.
  • Options
    ChadFC2ChadFC2 Posts: 139 Member
    The Sims has always been the Mac and it will this time too. It may be a little longer than usual because they'll be tying up some lose ends like toddlers to name one.

Just look at SimCity. That launch was as bad as it gets and there was still a Mac version.
  • Options
    lotte9558 wrote: »

Surely retailers only take a deposit? Online retailers take payment just before dispatch.
    I read that EA were telling people not to buy Sims 4 for PC if they have a .. I can't even bare to say the word.

I bought the digital copy with origin and I have a windows computer, only the family computer is a mac and it's faster and better, so that's why I asked EA this. I'm not sure about anything, only that they said that to me and to more people, so I hope it's true that you can also get the mac version if it ever comes.
  • Options
    DawnWriterDawnWriter Posts: 13 New Member
    I would be surprised if they let you download a Mac version after purchasing a PC version, but that would be nice. I may look into BootCamp or continue looking for a decently priced PC that meets the min. specs and has a dedicated graphics card.
  • Options
    DawnWriter wrote: »
    I would be surprised if they let you download a Mac version after purchasing a PC version, but that would be nice. I may look into BootCamp or continue looking for a decently priced PC that meets the min. specs and has a dedicated graphics card.

Yeah me too, but I've heard about it as a rumour and went to the live chat to ask if it was true. But they can still say a lot, we will see.
  • Options
    FoxFox Posts: 39 Member
    It'll either take them quite some time until they release a mac-version, or they won't at all.. I'm a mac user, and I'm too excited to wait.. so I've also ran bootcamp on my iMac to create a windows partition.