Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2 steps forward- 1 giant leap back!

I prefer the texture in the Sims 1- How about you?
Boycottthesims4_zps7a05e865.jpg

Comments

• Options
    NancyNancy Posts: 380 Member
    edited August 2014
    That 2nd pic of the sims 2 baby playing makes me so sad. why couldn't we have babies like that :( . I hope we can add strollers and toys for babies in an expansion pack but I doubt it if babies are objects.

Honestly, who asked for babies to be objects? haven't we being screaming for more interactions with babies since the sims 1. I preordered before I found out about this and I'm considering cancelling my preorder now.

It's ridiculous how on another topic, people are asking if there are even family trees anymore. So no longer is the sims focused on these big, empty worlds, but now we are not even focused on generational gameplay or legacies. Emotions don't make up for all these missing features.

Basically they are copying what they've done in Sims medieval, babies are tied to a bassinet and then age up to children. It would be almost forgivable if they let us change the clothes of babies and the bassinet was detailed and looked cute. 5524461523_2fec257fbd.jpg.
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited August 2014
    I do miss bathing the baby in the sink and the store play mat when switching from ts2 to ts3.
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    edited August 2014
    I agree with you. My sons ages 3 and 5 in RL (LOVE) to "play" (watch me play and tell me what to do:) They had never seen the Sims 2- so while searching for pics. I popped on over to Youtube to show them. The family dynamic is making me want to dig out my old games! I feel like EA had such an opportunity- And they wasted it. :( The babies as objects really bothers me. It leaves MODDERS with little to no options. Which means we are stuck with them like this. Unless EA plans on over-writing them in the future- which now that I think about it, might not be so hard to do (?)- since they are just objects.

All I know is I am a legacy player. I have two young sons. I love kids. Most of my single sims bore me from the party lifestyle after about 1 Sim week. And most of my single "heartbreaker" sims never complete their ambition because I strap them down with a baby! lol. The Sims just won't be the same without them and toddlers </3