Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 on Steam?

Okay, will Sims 4 be available on Steam or will it just stay on Origin? I was planning to wait for it to come out of Steam, but I don't wanna wait forever just to figure out that it's never going to be on Steam (which I hope will not be true). Buut yeah.. I just really want a response.

Comments

• Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think The Sims 3 ITF was the last Sims steam release, EA made The Sims 4 activate through origin only from what I've been told.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't think so. it would probably take a month or two.
  • Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited August 2014
    I somehow get the feeling that it won't see a Steam release but if it does, I wouldn't expect it to be soon after launch.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    It requires Origin. So, no.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    Z189ackZ189ack Posts: 269 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    Um, have you used Steam?
    You buy it off of steam and it gives you a code to register it on Origin.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Z189ack wrote:
    bflury wrote:
    Um, have you used Steam?
    You buy it off of steam and it gives you a code to register it on Origin.
    I have about 500 games on Steam, so yes I have used it once or twice :)

I said it REQUIRES Origin. It can't be played without it. What your describing is activating it on both services.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The question asked was whether Sims 4 would be on Steam or not.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Z189ack wrote:
    And the answer is NO because it REQUIRES Origin. I am failing to see the disconnect here?!?!?
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    Z189ack wrote:
    And the answer is NO because it REQUIRES Origin. I am failing to see the disconnect here?!?!?

Yeah a guru said it does require Origin registration to use.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Such as any game that uses Uplay like Assassin's Creed games. You buy it on steam, register on Uplay. Same goes for Origin. That does NOT mean no. Once you register on Origin and also register the code for the game, you can start the game directly from Steam.
    So the question was whether or not it'll be available for purchase on Steam. We don't have an answer for that yet. But if all the Sims 3 Expansion packs were on Steam, I don't doubt Sims 4 will be on Steam too.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Z189ack wrote:
    Such as any game that uses Uplay like Assassin's Creed games. You buy it on steam, register on Uplay. Same goes for Origin. That does NOT mean no. Once you register on Origin and also register the code for the game, you can start the game directly from Steam.
    So the question was whether or not it'll be available for purchase on Steam. We don't have an answer for that yet.
    They are different. In fact, I own Assassin's Creed which uses Uplay its one of those 500 games I mentioned earlier.

Uplay <> Origin.

With the exception of the Sim's expansions (because the base was released in 2009), EA has not put a new game on Steam since 2012.

http://store.steampowered.com/publisher/Electronic Arts
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Alright, good point. But there's still nothing stopping them from having Sims being the only series on Steam. For now only time will tell. I personally would want it on steam but if it's not I can just add it to my steam library and play from there.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited August 2014
    They said you have to be connected to origin once in the beginning to "activate" it or whatever so I mean... even if you can launch it from steam after isn't it still the same general idea as getting it from origin anyway? It's not like you will be able to totally bypass origin.