Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird?

Can anyone explain why the game has to be weird?

I know The Sims have always had some strange **** going on, and it really doesn't suprise me, but most of it was optional, through the expansions.

But now they're actually promoting the game as being weird. Why, may I ask?

Who wanted that?

The latest trailers are just downright cringe-worthy, and not funny-funny, like the "Casting For The Sims", but downright embarrasing to look at.

I played the first game a LOT, and it was really the foundation of my love for The Sims. Played TS2 a lot, played all handheld and console games, and kinda liked The Sims 3 on Xbox 360, while the PC version was decent, but I was'nt too keen on it. The way it looked, and how it played was just not any better than Sims 2.

The 4th installment, i've been excited for, it looked fresh, but the god forsaken Weird-focus is just too much.

Am I the only one who just feels this whole Weird-PR/focus is extremely stupid? As said, it can be a part of the game, but it should not BE the game.

Comments

• Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    LordZef wrote:

I know The Sims have always had some strange **** going on, and it really doesn't suprise me, but most of it was optional, through the expansions.

Who wanted that?

Callum and friends.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited August 2014
    It seems they are directing this version at a less mature market.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2014
    I hate it.. I don't want weird, I want normal lol.
  • Options
    GinypumkinGinypumkin Posts: 207 Member
    edited August 2014
    I guess it is just marketing.

I do not get the weirder stories either as I think everyone hasits own style to play.

I see comments on the video that are LOL and all , and I am like : I DON'T GET IT!

• Options
    JenZ4HeavenZJenZ4HeavenZ Posts: 631 Member
    edited August 2014
    LordZef wrote:

Who wanted that?

The latest trailers are just downright cringe-worthy, and not funny-funny, like the "Casting For The Sims", but downright embarrasing to look at.

I played the first game a LOT, and it was really the foundation of my love for The Sims. Played TS2 a lot, played all handheld and console games, and kinda liked The Sims 3 on Xbox 360, while the PC version was decent, but I was'nt too keen on it. The way it looked, and how it played was just not any better than Sims 2.

The 4th installment, i've been excited for, it looked fresh, but the god forsaken Weird-focus is just too much.

Am I the only one who just feels this whole Weird-PR/focus is extremely stupid? As said, it can be a part of the game, but it should not BE the game.

Likely the people who played the other games pre ts3 and found their slightly exaggerated emotions funny.. and I am one of them.. but i do have to agree that some of the emotion stuff that i seen in TS4 seem to be a bit over the top even for past sims games..