Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Online Capabilities

What exactly are going to be the online capabilities they are talking about. A year ago I thought you were going to have a friends list and be able to 'chat' with other simmers from around the world. Now I'm thinking it's just so you can connect to the gallery.

Am I missing anything or is there more?

Summer
angrycat.gif

Comments

• Options
    IcarusIcarus Posts: 916 Member
    edited August 2014
    It looks like it was planned for The Sims 4 to have much more online functionality than it ended up having. As of right now, all I can think of that requires online would be connection to the gallery.
  • Options
    GegeGege Posts: 2,548 Member
    edited August 2014
    I would think/hope there is more to it. We only have the demo so you can't see capabilities in play mode. With the way you acquire followers its seems like you would be able to communicate with them, perhaps in game like the Sims 3. Being that they are still admitting to doing upgrades we shall have to wait and see.
    mWC1gjz.gif
  • Options
    Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ya I kinda feel like it's just going to be the gallery now. I see them only doing last minute fixes and polishing the game at this point considering there is less than a month till release. I don't see them adding anything new.

In the gallery however I do see we have 'profiles' that show our creations and people can download and comment on your creations maybe that is going to be the vast of it right now.

Just like they left out toddlers to only release in an expansion pack (marketing technique I'm sure) They might even dedicate an expansion just for online features and capability.
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited August 2014
    There's always the option to play in "windowed" mode and keep Skype, Twitter, Facebook, or some other dedicated social app open as well. Personally, this is how I currently play. I prefer to rely on an app that is designed for social interaction for my social interaction and let my games be designed and dedicated to high-quality, immersive gameplay. When the two try to intertwine, it always seem to be to the detriment of one aspect or other other...