Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So I installed the sims 1 a while back and [a rant]

wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
I installed the sims 1 and I had to take a break because it was making me mad.
Incoming rant.

First the baby was STOLEN!
Then with my new family the carpool LEFT my sim when he was ON HIS WAY!
Then the school bus LEFT my sim.
Then my sim got FIRED because she didn't go to work!
Then some stupid creepy clown wouldn't LEAVE!
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2014
    Aww, I loved that sad clown! He showed up right around when I was first learning to play TS1 and I don't even remember the things we had to do to get rid of him once and for all, it was so long ago.

I never played TS2 -- did he have any presence in that game?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wow, what a bummer!

I don't hardly remember Sims1 even though I had all of it :cry:

I installed Sims2 UC and played it for a little bit, didn't care for it much so I uninstalled it.

I love my Sims3 though so I am back to that one.

Hope I can say the same about Sims4 :-) Still trying to be positive :wink:
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited August 2014
    The Sims 1 actually made you work for stuff! I remember trying to get my Sim to propose to his girlfriend. He invited her over, did all the romantic interactions and asked her. Nope, she was hungry. Fed her. Asked again. Nope she wasn't in a good mood. Told some jokes. Asked again, nope she was tired and went home. It went on like that for a while, he kept inviting her over, something always went wrong. Not like the Sims 3. You actually had to work toward goals in Sims 1.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2014
    The Original Sims was harder but in someways it was a grind-fest

I mean you had to upkeep an number of friends to keep a job and heaven forbid you don't call them every day otherwise they stop being your friend. There are no days off ever. If you don't get to your carpool you're screwed.

I remember it took me 4 and a half months of playing to get to a level 4.5 celebrity. And I gave up, I never did make a five star, as it was too grinding.

As for the clown, thank God he only showed up when you had his painting, unlike the mime who constantly ruined your party.

Let's not forget Claire the Bear that ate your honey, The "John Hinkley like" stalker who haunted your Sims, the Genie who more often than not ruined your house with horrible wished. The multiple sets of bills your Sims would remove from the mailbox and "hide" all over the lot, so that the repo man would come.

But on the plus side you had the Servo who was totally awesome.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2014
    Servo WAS awesome!

Except when you tried to have a holiday meal. For some reason if you forgot to switch him off, he or any maid who was on the lot (IIRC) would make a beeline for the roast turkey and dump it down the sink or something, leaving everyone at your otherwise perfectly planned party to have leftover peanut butter sandwiches.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2014
    That was one of my biggest gripes when I was playing TS1, the baby. The game more or less treated it like a piece of furniture that could be stolen, or taken away so easily. I remember what I did to stop the burglar from stealing my babies it that I would remove all doors leading to the outside. I would place those doors some where inside the house, and the next morning I would then again place the doors back in their proper places.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2014
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    ...I remember what I did to stop the burglar from stealing my babies...

The burglar stole your baby? That would be hilarious. Remember the creepy black roses the stalker guy leaves your celebrity Sim?