Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Epic Wood Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6bBBfbMQxM

I don't know about you guys, but this has to be one of my favorite trailers for Sims 4. It leaves me feeling the developers didn't take the Sims 3 approach of having everything appear right on the surface of things, rather, have us delve into the game to explore and find many details the developers put into the game.

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited August 2014
    Love it! :-D
  • Options
    justin5812justin5812 Posts: 632 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't know about you guys, but this has to be one of my favorite trailers for Sims 4. It leaves me feeling the developers didn't take the Sims 3 approach of having everything appear right on the surface of things, rather, have us delve into the game to explore and find many details the developers put into the game.
    NO! OMGZZ This is a sandbawx game! I should not have to explore!!! Give it to me NOW!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    That trailer has me even more excited for this game.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited August 2014
    Whow! I WILL tend my sim to marry that lady :D
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited August 2014
    That trailer is stupid and it looks like she plucked a chicken's feathers off and then dyed it black and purple and glued it onto her head.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    cooli02000 wrote:
    That trailer is stupid and it looks like she plucked a chicken's feathers off and then dyed it black and purple and glued it onto her head.
    That certainly is an opinion, sir.
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited August 2014
    You can finally make a wood/log cabin, literally! I usually like DIY Projects in The Sims, so this will be fun. I hope there's some crafting involving something other than wood, other than painting.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited August 2014
    justin5812 wrote:
    cooli02000 wrote:
    That certainly is an opinion, sir.

I know but the hair part is a fact.
  • Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'd believe that trailer if we had CAST. But theres no way the entire house was the same colour, its so fake.

"not all images represent actual gameplay"
  • Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited August 2014
    That's cool, I love how you can create your own wooden furniture.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited August 2014
    cooli02000 wrote:

15108135.jpg
  • Options
    SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    edited August 2014
    Her facial expressions are very... concerning... :lol: In the best way.
    Meh, it was an okay trailer, not saying this to bash the game, I'm saying it because it's not something I'm necessarily excited about. Good on them for giving us more to ogle at, though! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AnabelleLeeAnabelleLee Posts: 182 Member
    edited August 2014
    You mean we have to discover how to do it and it is not just an option?
  • Options
    JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    edited August 2014
    The graphics on the wood furniture were nothing short of awful. I'm not talking about the style; Style is fine. It's so blocky and low poly..
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    You mean we have to discover how to do it and it is not just an option?

Well, this ability in the trailer for instance, is a skill. As you progress and work on that wood making skill, you're able to craft more and more things.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    edited August 2014
    The graphics on the wood furniture were nothing short of awful. I'm not talking about the style; Style is fine. It's so blocky and low poly..

I agree, except for the style. I would have my sims woodwork for the experience, skills, and money, but they wouldn't keep anything they actually made. :P
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited August 2014
    This was funny!
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    Another reason I'm going to like the sims 4.
    I can now make wood furniture, Make a one room cabin and have my sim only be able to furnish it with home made furniture.
    Or if you can sell the things he make, it could be his living, Make a workshop and live over it.
    So many idea with this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2014
    :roll: And, people were saying they don't like bro humor. . .

I like the idea of the multi-item crafting table. I also like that it looks like you can create and use ugly and bad quality items, too.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    greenXen wrote:
    :roll: And, people were saying they don't like bro humor. . .

I like the idea of the multi-item crafting table. I also like that it looks like you can create and use ugly and bad quality items, too.

Yup - I really like that. As we get better in the skill, the crafts start to look better and better. They probably even have better benefits as well. I like that sense of progression when I play with Sims.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited August 2014
    justin5812 wrote:
    NO! OMGZZ This is a sandbawx game! I should not have to explore!!! Give it to me NOW!!!

:?: You don't want to explore? But-but- that's what The Sims has always been about. Explore the neighborhood, explore relationships, discover new skills, find new items. I'm confused. :?
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited August 2014
    I thought it was cute.

I also want this as a poster.
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png