Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... How About Those Life Stages

So, I left the forums for awhile and haven't been following TS4 news for a few months. I realize this is probably old news, but I'm really disappointed about the life stages (I know, I know... what rock have I been under) :-P

I realize they're "focusing" on new gameplay. They don't have time. Blah blah blah. But to take toddlers away and make such a massive jump from infant to CHILD... ridiculous. And then to find out that babies are just objects and you can't even walk around with them, teach them, take them on walks in the stroller?! Seriously?!

Also--I'm sure they did away with teenagers, which was one of my favorite life stages.

I don't understand why taking a step forward for something else means taking a step back to features we all really loved. I know, I know... it's a NEW game with NEW gameplay... but this is just something you don't take away in my opinion.

The thing that really peeves me off though, is the fact they do this to release the game as quickly as possible. They have the mindset that, "Sure, we can leave it out, we'll just charge extra for it later in an EP."

This is why EA was voted one of the worst companies in America... TWO years in a row. Stop putting out mediocre games!
AeroSimmer_Small_zps77549281.png

Comments

• Options
    mewsistermewsister Posts: 137 Member
    edited August 2014
    AeroFunk80 wrote:
    (I know, I know... what rock have I been under) :-P

Lol me too, I've only just come back on here, I wanted to wait until it was close to when TS4 was being released to come back and find out all the info.
    But yeh, there seems to be quite a bit they're not including in a base game this time around. I'm especially peeved about no CASt or story progession :evil: but I'll wait until its released to see what ppl really think of it then.
    At least though they're leaving the door open for modders to work their magic
    http://www.pcgamesn.com/sims-4/sims-4-will-support-mods-and-comes-standard-mod-directory
    thank god :D
    what-doth-love-be.gif
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited August 2014
    AeroFunk80 wrote:
    This is why EA was voted one of the worst companies in America... TWO years in a row. Stop putting out mediocre games!

Strongly agree.

And Mewsister, modders won't be able to fix this mess. Not from what is known so far. Babies are objects tied to a bassinet/crib and function as an object. Imagine end table or dresser here. Not much you can do with that. And adding an entire life stage like toddlers I would imagine is going to be near impossible without coded hooks in that EA has probably omitted, since it doesn't appear to have been a consideration.

Sorry. What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG).

Regards,

Krammy
  • Options
    AeroFunk80AeroFunk80 Posts: 318 Member
    edited August 2014
    It does bother me they took away a life stage. Heck, maybe more since I'm pretty sure teenagers don't exist (possibly young adult, too). The way it looks we have infant, child, adult and probably elder :-( Watching my Sim age was one of my favorite features of TS2 and TS3. Really bummed they took that away.

For me, even though its been done before, there are certain features you just don't take away from these games... instead, you either keep or build off/improve on them:

1) Needs (hunger, sleep, bladder, hygiene, etc)
    2) Careers/Jobs
    3) Life Stages (age transition, birth, death)
    4) Sim Customization (CAS, changing appearance/clothing)
    5) Skill Gain (cooking, creativity, mechanical)

I was actually hoping for an additional life stage and instead... we lose one (possibly more). :-(
    KramYraelo wrote:
    AeroFunk80 wrote:

Strongly agree.

And Mewsister, modders won't be able to fix this mess. Not from what is known so far. Babies are objects tied to a bassinet/crib and function as an object. Imagine end table or dresser here. Not much you can do with that. And adding an entire life stage like toddlers I would imagine is going to be near impossible without coded hooks in that EA has probably omitted, since it doesn't appear to have been a consideration.

Sorry. What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG).

Regards,

Krammy
    AeroSimmer_Small_zps77549281.png
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2014
    Here's a list of things that are missing in the game:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/759976.page

The only life stage that is missing are toddlers. Teenagers are still there but they're the same height as adults. So basically, they don't even exist. Well they do...But they don't lol. No ghosts either. Anyway, I'll just let you look through the list to catch up lol.