Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 OFB Question

HappyPhantomHappyPhantom Posts: 881 Member
So if you open a Salon, do you need a register? Also, I was wondering could you have more than 1 salon chair and hire hairstylists and make money or can it just be you giving the haircuts?
sims4forumsmaller.gif

Comments

• Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yup, you can hire staff and you need a register to take in the money.

Here's a full description:

Now your Sims can create their own businesses. They can design their own clothing boutique, beauty salon, florist, high-end electronics shop, bustling restaurant chain, or virtually any other type of business. Hire your staff as the business grows and put talented Sims to work making toys, running the register, crafting floral bouquets, giving sales pitches, or manufacturing robots. But watch out for slacker employees and be prepared to fire them on the spot. From clever tinkerer to master craftsman, develop your Sim's talents to best suit your business needs. Will they build a thriving business empire or become eccentric entrepreneurs designing the next big thing?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Oooh okay!I asked because I had watched a quick youtube video of a "salon" and all it was, was one sim and a salon chair and it looked like they got paid as soon as they cut the customers hair, no register. That made me wonder if I could hire other stylists and if I needed a register.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K622cfcmME
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

• Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited July 2014
    I suppose it depends on the business and if they are selling an item or a service, but yes you can hire staff. I used to have a few staff working at various businesses I opened up. With a restaurant, you definitely want more than one person.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Okay sounds good. I think I just probably need to get in my game and play around with it. I'm super excited to start my own business, I've just been going back and forth as to what I want it to be haha!
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2014
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright