Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create-a-Sim Demo Summary and Observations - Carl's Site

Hi, Carl here, from Carl's Sims 3 Guide. EA was kind enough to provide me a key to access the new Create-a-Sim Demo. I got on it right away and wrote about its features here. I've also worked to summarize some known gameplay features here, but that page needs an update.

Overall the few things I would tweak:
Let us decide right/left hand for accessories like rings

Show my current Sim's face somehow on the hair previews, so I don't have to bother seeing how they fit their face

Keep it up with Styled Looks and make many of them, and make sure there are plenty of clothes.

Definitely hope you're expanding significantly on Traits, as I believe TS3 Vanilla had like 60 - I realize this is a Demo :)

Thanks to EA for the opportunity. I enjoyed demoing the program and think the community is going to love the flexibility.

Edit: Oh yes, I also list all Traits and Aspirations and their descriptions, which gives us some extra hints on gameplay features ;)

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited July 2014
    Glad that you are having fun. :P
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for doing this Carl and thanks for the link!
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you so much, Carl! I'm very happy you got the demo - your site is like the Simmer's Bible to me. So helpful. You did a great presentation of this demo, very informative!
  • Options
    GreyWindGreyWind Posts: 489 Member
    edited July 2014
    Awesome article! Thank you.
  • Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks, carl, and I really appreciate the guides on your site.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks this is the best review that I have heard. I just love all the sims that have been made. Thanks again. Great and in depth.
  • Options
    silencecomplexsilencecomplex Posts: 392 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the compliments! I did enjoy making it, I am just glad to be included in the list this time around :)
  • Options
    RickyVegasRickyVegas Posts: 45 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the rundown of the demo. I've been waiting for more info on the aspirations/traits!