Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I appreciate the Simgurus! Thanks!

Just wanted to make a positive thread for the gurus so they can see that there are simmers out there who enjoy what they are seeing in The Sims 4 and are excited for the game!

You guys are obviously on time crunches by EA and are doing everything you can to make a great game. I love the art style of the game and how the Sims look.I also like how there
seems to be so much zanyness and character which adds to the charm of the game. You also added small details that people have asked for in the past. I trust your vision for the game from September on because you already have mentioned some things that I thought of for the game. I fully trust you guys know what you are doing!

Anyway, thanks again and don't get discouraged by seeing so many negative threads. People are extremely passionate about this game because there is no series as great as The Sims and there is no game that will ever match this franchise. It is truly one of a kind.

Comments

• Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited June 2014
    Me too Guru's, I think your doing a great job with what you have to work with as in time restraints and all.... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Mcphee1964Mcphee1964 Posts: 106
    edited June 2014
    I feel deeply sorry for the Guru's. They get all the backlash from the fans when things are announced, even though I am 100% certain half of the time they have no control (due to the time constraints.)

The game needs delayed. For their sake, and the sims community.
  • Options
    thesims3madthesims3mad Posts: 140 Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree, I am very thankful that some of them choose out of their own free will to post, talk and share information with us outside of their usual work hours as well as risky what they share, since they often get told off for sharing the wrong things.

An especially big shoutout to Graham, Grant, Russkii, Azure, Ryan and Lyndsay.

I'm incredibly thankful, because I've heard that some game franchises hardly here any information except at press releases and events.

I feel sorry for Grant, he posted earlier that he thinks he is the most disliked SimGuru, and it makes me sad, because he shares so much and talks and tries to help us and only doesn't tell us things because he is not allowed due to marketing.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm confident that the developers are doing everything they can to make this game as good as possible within the time constraints they have. What has happened here isn't because they're incompetent or lazy, it's because the top brass at EA have put an unreasonable deadline upon them.

I sympathise greatly with them; it must be awful to have your name assigned to a product that you know deep down isn't the best it could possibly be. A delay is what is needed here but I fear that may not happen.
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm sure we all appreciate the Gurus who are doing the actual work.
    And all who have had to work know there's always a boss who doesn't always agree with the way we think it should be done.
    I'm sorry you are under so much pressure (time constraints; as it appears you may well be)
    And I wish the higher ups @ EA would sit down & read some of these threads to get an idea
    of what they are doing to the community with their rigid decisions.
  • Options
    clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't blame the Gurus for any of the content left out of the game. If you want to be mad at someone be angry with the people who gave them so little time to make the game.
  • Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh thanks Gurus! *not for the lack of Black hairstyles* but its all good. ;)
  • Options
    twilight_aerithtwilight_aerith Posts: 653 Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree with everything said. I love and appreciate the Gurus for all their hard work and taking the time to answer our questions.

I don't think Grant was being mean when he said "things change," it was just the quickest, easiest, and truthful answer on twitter. That kind of stuff doesn't come across well without hearing the sincerity in someone's voice though. Yes it came across a little harsh but I doubt that was intended.

I also want to mention Simguru Copeland even though he currently works on the sims 3 store, because he is always on the forums answering questions and taking our feedback and ideas. He is awesome along with all the other gurus!
    Origin ID: Samerella