Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thank you thread from pegasas1993 (last updated 29th June, 2014)

Ay Ay Captains!

I finally had some time to play my game and now I'd like to start a new thread in which I'll try to repay for those who make me feel here like at home :mrgreen: Woop! Woop! :mrgreen:

How does it work? :roll: I'll try to post a story here and hope that you'll like it :mrgreen:

I have nothing else to say, so let's the story begin :mrgreen:

SNEAK PEAKS:

Post 1
Post 2

Comments

• Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'll start with early pictures of 3 buildings I'm working on :mrgreen:

"The Coven ::: It's the main house of the von Markovik's dynasty. Creepy and old - that's the words to describe it."

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-0QTd92qVUSE/U60wmXD3esI/AAAAAAAABOg/YGVW7JAA2GA/w1044-h590-no/Screenshot-8.jpg "width=600"[/img]

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-nst4aS_XtWw/U6oAC-5W7FI/AAAAAAAABNI/EkuUSJ5DuKY/w1044-h590-no/Screenshot-2.jpg "width=600"[/img]

"Farmers Barn ::: Less magical and more usual. Actually, nothing special. At least the locals say that. Oh! Did I mention that it belongs to von Markoviks too? They're rich, you know."

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-4tc8jYvWN4c/U60wmcU1i8I/AAAAAAAABOc/X9AdAcqxlHs/w1044-h590-no/Screenshot-3.jpg "width=600"[/img]

"Hotel Pagoda, CPR ::: It's a Spa resort destinated in Shang Simla. There are tons of rumors about the last 3 letters in the name (CPR) which are said to represent the resort network. Interesting... What network could it belong to?"

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ZD_529sw2HE/U60wmWljTfI/AAAAAAAABOk/rQKQfOfGJkg/w1044-h590-no/Screenshot-17.jpg "width=600"[/img]

It's worth to mention that first 3 pictures are outdated, so don't judge me :XD: You can judge 4th picture though :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    annasommerannasommer Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited June 2014
    First thing, LOVE the coven and the barn- not so sure about the holiday home, to many trees in that picture :mrgreen:

Captain, I noticed that you have those ugly automatically created chimneys that somehow never seem to match the house; do you know that you can replace those without cc? Like I did here?

13971410928_e0217026b6_z.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I'm glad to know that you like them :mrgreen:

I started not to like the resort too :XD: But it has a beautiful pagoda tower (which you can't see in the picture :XD: ) :mrgreen:

What a beautiful house you have, sweetie! I've never used that door and it seems that I might give a try to use these now :mrgreen:

Thanks for the tip! Well, I knew it, but in my case chimneys look good (at least in these builds, at least to me) :XD: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited June 2014
    Pegasas, your builds look wonderful! And is that a cow plant I see in the backyard of your Shang Simla resort! What a horrid way to end a nice vacation!! I hope the proprietors keep it well fed.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    annasommerannasommer Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks, glad you like it. It was my flashmob gift for Hannelore, I do not often build such large houses.

I don't have IP, so - no resorts for me. I only build one for a contest before IP came out, with space for the resort tower, and that was it about me and resorts :?

Ah, it simply annoyed me to no end to build wooden or grey stone houses - and have bright red brick chimneys, that's why I thought I'd mention it :lol:

Btw, if you are planning on starting a story you will most likely get more interest in the stories & legacies forum :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Idontrcall wrote:
    Pegasas, your builds look wonderful! And is that a cow plant I see in the backyard of your Shang Simla resort! What a horrid way to end a nice vacation!! I hope the proprietors keep it well fed.

Thank you, sweetie! :mrgreen: And it's :mrgreen: The funniest part, that it's in the corner of the playgrond. You know, just in case if one of the kids become a bit cranky :twisted: :XD:
    annasommer wrote:
    Thanks, glad you like it. It was my flashmob gift for Hannelore, I do not often build such large houses.

I don't have IP, so - no resorts for me. I only build one for a contest before IP came out, with space for the resort tower, and that was it about me and resorts :?

Ah, it simply annoyed me to no end to build wooden or grey stone houses - and have bright red brick chimneys, that's why I thought I'd mention it :lol:

Btw, if you are planning on starting a story you will most likely get more interest in the stories & legacies forum :D

I usually WANT to build such huge houses, but I never end these :XD: With one exception now :XD:

Oh! Sorry to hear about you not having IP. You should get it when it's on sale as it has some really beautiful items and I really like another WA style gameplay it offers :mrgreen: Only those resort towers are something that makes me feel bad about it :mrgreen:

I see your point :mrgreen: I added fireplaces just because the house is dark brown and chimney looks good with it :XD:

It's not a legacy style stuff :mrgreen: It's just some random pictures with some random captures :XD:
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,553 Member
    edited June 2014
    I was expecting to find this in Creative Corner!

Your builds look fab :thumbup: Are you going to post more shots here?

I have a thing about chimneys, I just do not like them. Lol. I delete my chimneys 99% of the time and just leave the fireplaces. But then I am quite weird.

The Coven looks like it has lots of atmosphere. Is it being built in Midnight Hollow?
    The Barn looks like a great creation for putting in Riverview.
    The resort looks great too - can we have resorts in the WA locations?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I was expecting to find this in Creative Corner!

Your builds look fab :thumbup: Are you going to post more shots here?

I have a thing about chimneys, I just do not like them. Lol. I delete my chimneys 99% of the time and just leave the fireplaces. But then I am quite weird.

The Coven looks like it has lots of atmosphere. Is it being built in Midnight Hollow?
    The Barn looks like a great creation for putting in Riverview.
    The resort looks great too - can we have resorts in the WA locations?

I had no idea which forum should I choose, so I've decided to post it here :mrgreen:

Thank you! It's great to know that you like them :mrgreen: I'm going to keep posting pictures in this thread, so feel free to bookmark it if you want :mrgreen: Well, I wasn't using fireplaces at all... That's an option... :XD: But your decision is great too. I guess that I'll learn how to use fireplaces and make chimneys look cool here :XD: :mrgreen:

Actually, The Coven was build in Sunset Valley (there's one lot at the end of the world which works just great with this house) :mrgreen: However, I had in mind all Dragon Valley, Midnight Hollow and SN world when I was building this house and I guess that it'll look good in those towns (house doesn't have ANY modern stuff, so it's so fun to play in it) :mrgreen:

The Barn is also the part of Sunset Valley now as I've decided to make a farmers street there, but it can be easily adapted to Riverview :mrgreen:

And it's POSSIBLE to have resorts in vacation destinations, but there are some restricts, for example, you can't create them there (just add). However, there's a workaround: in a normal world make a resort community lot, so you get entitled to registration table. Then create a collection and add it (registration table) to it. After all, go to your destination, make a community lot (choose visitors allowed), edit it and put registration table there from your collection. Get back to the map view (there'll be a pop up saying that the community lot became a resort) and choose to edit it again. Vuala! You have a working resort in vacation destination :mrgreen:
  • Options
    gnlovewgnlovew Posts: 900 Member
    edited June 2014
    Great looking builds! They're fun and clever!
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hello captain! Just found out that the store set for July will have CASTable chimney! Whoot! We will have an easier time making chimneys match our houses. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    gnlovew wrote:
    Great looking builds! They're fun and clever!

Thank you! :mrgreen: And welcome to the forums! :mrgreen:
    Monet11 wrote:
    Hello captain! Just found out that the store set for July will have CASTable chimney! Whoot! We will have an easier time making chimneys match our houses. :D

Ay Ay Captain!

I just wanted to post this new as well, but you were faster :mrgreen: I'll definitely need to get this set for thousands of premium content + CAStable chimney :mrgreen: What a coincidence that they posted this new immediatelly after we had a small talk about these here :XD: Woop! Woop! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited June 2014
    Monet11 wrote:

I didn't know this! This is wonderful. Thanks!!!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It's time for new pictures :mrgreen: I won't be posting much, but you'll see my new resort that I THINK is close to finish (edited, edited, tested, edited, tested, tested, tested) :mrgreen:

"Martha's Hotel, CPR ::: Ms Martha was a romantic lady who lived in Champs Les Sims. Although she didn't manage to find herself a true love, her beautiful house near the river became a home and a wedding chapel for traveling lovers."

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-2XikefNddU0/U69LmnBP8AI/AAAAAAAABPQ/Bjkhtv4jScU/w1044-h590-no/Screenshot-41.jpg "width=600"[/img]

"Later after her death it was bought by the mysterious CPR organisation, but nothing has been changed since then."

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-c6mz_hb6ggQ/U69LmgQbrHI/AAAAAAAABPM/yHSziC3QrS4/w1044-h590-no/Screenshot-42.jpg "width=600"[/img]

ON THE SIDE NOTE, I'm curious if it's possible to make resorts seasonal, I mean, it has a restaurant and I added tables outside, but what's the reason of them being there in winter? Anyone knows? :mrgreen: