Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Supporter Now Mad

After last night seeing the announcement of no toddlers and no pools I have finally calmed down enough to make a post. I have been one of the few people on these forums, since the weekend of E3 that has been a supporter. I have asked people to be patient, wait and see. Well see now I am even mad.

I am going to be honest, I really don't play Sims 3 that much. I love the casting even though I thought it was way to limited and always thought it silly we couldn't cast most of the handles on items or chimneys or roofs. But what I can't stand was spending hundreds of dollars buying a new upgraded video card and going up to 8GB of memory and I still can't play Sims 3 or even decorate without lagging and crashing. The crashing and lagging always leads me back to Sims 2. The only thing that makes Sims 3 semi playable is NRaas, a mod that I should never ever had to use. To this day EA you knew and know of the games issues and you have done very little to fix them. You released your first expansion World Adventures in 2009 and still to this day, five years later it is not useable and that is unacceptable.

First you take out CAST. I was disappointed but hey I could learn to live without it. Did it for a long time with Sims and Sims 2 and I don't play Sims 3 that much. You are giving us legs again on babies wooot (rolls eyes). You act like this is the greatest invention ever. Sims 2 a game that is now 10 years old, guess what the babies had legs. The fact that a modder could figure out how to do it for Sims 3 and you couldn't is just absurd.

For weeks there has been rumors of no pools & no swimming. My daughter and I both thought that the people complaining were nuts. Both Sims, Sims 2 and Sims 3 the base games had pools and swimming. These games are now 14, 10, & 5 years old, respectively. Sims 3 had the bonus we could swim in lakes and oceans. The fact that all three of this franchise's predecessors had pools and swimming in the base game told me that it would be part of the base game and not to worry. Worse case scenario it would be part of an expansion, I didn't like it but that was okay...

Then I see no toddlers and this is where my threshold of tolerance has come to an end. You are going to completely skip a life stage. Yes toddlers can be boring and frustrating but they are also fun to watch them grow and to learn. That is a fact of life both in real life and in the game, since Sims 2. Now they are just going to go from baby to child, with nothing in between? While they are toddlers this where they learn to walk, talk, go to the potty and we see their personalities grow. This is the stage where you grow your connection to your Sims. Where you decide if you like this Sim or not and you start to formulate what kind of Sim it is going to be. Now you're taking that emotional connection away in a game that is supposed to be all about emotion.

Have you learned nothing from Sims 3? What about SimCity? You were told during SimCity beta that there were major issues. You were warned over and over again. You did nothing to fix those problems and released the game anyway. Most people canceled their orders and you had to do major refunds, costing you millions. How many of those people refuse to purchase another EA product? Hence costing your company even more. Do you seriously want to go down that road again? The fact that your Sims community, that has been more then patient with you, is screaming at the top of their lungs because of these reasons should be a hint that the game isn't ready. A ready game sells better then a not ready one. A ready game brings in purchasers; a not ready game does the complete opposite. I don't understand how with all the technology we have today, how much more powerful computers are you are stepping backwards from games that are 5, 10, & 14 years old. The fact that 5, 10, & 14 year old games can and could do what you seem to not be able to do tells me that your company and your developers are both incompetent and lazy. Your customers that you are supposed to be serving with a good product aren't stupid and feeding us a line that weirder stories will make up for these losses proves you have absolutely no respect for us or even for yourselves. I remember when EA first started you were an amazing company, customers came first... how far you have fallen is just pathetic and sad. :cry:
“Because if you don't stand up for the stuff you don't like, when they come for the stuff you do like, you've already lost.”
― Neil Gaiman

Comments

• Options
    DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    edited June 2014
    Almost everyone has their own threshold. Mine was losing CASt. Others will buy no matter what and that's fine. I hope they love the game. But when it's your particular deal breaker, it's hard not to be angry for a time.

I do wish that EA didn't just assume the majority of the fan base will accept whatever game they're handed. It seems as if they lack respect for the fans. It will be interesting to see just how TS4 shakes out financially over the next 5 years. We can only hope that EA learns to listen to fans. They can't please everyone, but surely they can figure out a way to please more of us.

• Options
    EriiiiiiinaEriiiiiiina Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree! It is horrible what they´ve done. I just saw the news today and I am truly chocked they did a stunt like this! I know this also means all life stages accept adult will be boring like in TS3 cause they have´nt had the time. This game was for me make it or break it!

I´m out
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited June 2014
    I bet you they are going to do either an EP or SP for Toddlers and Toddler stuff. Sims team wants to make sure people are going to want it so they took toddlers out of the base game. Just an idea, not a fact.
  • Options
    RedMallieRedMallie Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2014
    After last night seeing the announcement of no toddlers and no pools I have finally calmed down enough to make a post. I have been one of the few people on these forums, since the weekend of E3 that has been a supporter. I have asked people to be patient, wait and see. Well see now I am even mad.

I am going to be honest, I really don't play Sims 3 that much. I love the casting even though I thought it was way to limited and always thought it silly we couldn't cast most of the handles on items or chimneys or roofs. But what I can't stand was spending hundreds of dollars buying a new upgraded video card and going up to 8GB of memory and I still can't play Sims 3 or even decorate without lagging and crashing. The crashing and lagging always leads me back to Sims 2. The only thing that makes Sims 3 semi playable is NRaas, a mod that I should never ever had to use. To this day EA you knew and know of the games issues and you have done very little to fix them. You released your first expansion World Adventures in 2009 and still to this day, five years later it is not useable and that is unacceptable.

First you take out CAST. I was disappointed but hey I could learn to live without it. Did it for a long time with Sims and Sims 2 and I don't play Sims 3 that much. You are giving us legs again on babies wooot (rolls eyes). You act like this is the greatest invention ever. Sims 2 a game that is now 10 years old, guess what the babies had legs. The fact that a modder could figure out how to do it for Sims 3 and you couldn't is just absurd.

For weeks there has been rumors of no pools & no swimming. My daughter and I both thought that the people complaining were nuts. Both Sims, Sims 2 and Sims 3 the base games had pools and swimming. These games are now 14, 10, & 5 years old, respectively. Sims 3 had the bonus we could swim in lakes and oceans. The fact that all three of this franchise's predecessors had pools and swimming in the base game told me that it would be part of the base game and not to worry. Worse case scenario it would be part of an expansion, I didn't like it but that was okay...

Then I see no toddlers and this is where my threshold of tolerance has come to an end. You are going to completely skip a life stage. Yes toddlers can be boring and frustrating but they are also fun to watch them grow and to learn. That is a fact of life both in real life and in the game, since Sims 2. Now they are just going to go from baby to child, with nothing in between? While they are toddlers this where they learn to walk, talk, go to the potty and we see their personalities grow. This is the stage where you grow your connection to your Sims. Where you decide if you like this Sim or not and you start to formulate what kind of Sim it is going to be. Now you're taking that emotional connection away in a game that is supposed to be all about emotion.

Have you learned nothing from Sims 3? What about SimCity? You were told during SimCity beta that there were major issues. You were warned over and over again. You did nothing to fix those problems and released the game anyway. Most people canceled their orders and you had to do major refunds, costing you millions. How many of those people refuse to purchase another EA product? Hence costing your company even more. Do you seriously want to go down that road again? The fact that your Sims community, that has been more then patient with you, is screaming at the top of their lungs because of these reasons should be a hint that the game isn't ready. A ready game sells better then a not ready one. A ready game brings in purchasers; a not ready game does the complete opposite. I don't understand how with all the technology we have today, how much more powerful computers are you are stepping backwards from games that are 5, 10, & 14 years old. The fact that 5, 10, & 14 year old games can and could do what you seem to not be able to do tells me that your company and your developers are both incompetent and lazy. Your customers that you are supposed to be serving with a good product aren't stupid and feeding us a line that weirder stories will make up for these losses proves you have absolutely no respect for us or even for yourselves. I remember when EA first started you were an amazing company, customers came first... how far you have fallen is just pathetic and sad. :cry:

Bravo!!!
    Well said. I can emphatize with your feelings.
    Even though I am not a long time Simmer, I have been a fan from the first time The Sims came out. My chance to get and enjoy the series was with The Sims 3. I have to be honest, without the context of having played the previous games, I cannot say which one is better, but I know that even though I enjoy my TS3, I realize it is quite faulty. The unsufferable lagging and crashing are terribly disappointing. So, I was extremely excited about TS4 because I thought it would be the game that would fix all the issues that made playing TS3 a matter of good (or bad) luck.
    Because I discovered the amazing work of CC creators from several free downloading sites, I fell in love with realistic looking hair, so that was my threshold. I REALLY like the CAS feature in TS4, but the appearance of the hair is sooo disappointing for me, that I started having doubts about pre-ordering the game.
    I have spent quite a good sum of money at TS3 Store,I own most of it. I have bought all EPs and SPs (except KP). I have almost all worlds. I was willing and happy to spend more money on TS4 expecting to have more of a beautiful game, not less.
    Maybe you will say I have no patience because I have not dealt with EA from the beginning of the The Sims franchise, but I would say that the long wait I had to do in order to finally get my hands on the game, made it all the more cherishable to me.

Now, all EA has done with the idea of TS4 as an improvement on TS3 gives me a feeling of horrible disappointment. Someone else said in another thread how they wished another company bought EA's rights over TS franchise. Right now, that is my only hope, because I cannot see even a TS5 series FROM EA that really gives Simmers what we want. They do not listen, and from your post, they have never had.
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited June 2014

Very well worded and I can tell from the heart. My hope is that the right person at EA reads this and says "Hey, this is getting serious". My belief is only those who have no control over this (the developers) will ever see it and be touched by it. And unfortunately it is out of their control.

As a developer myself I can't tell you the number of times management has said "paint it red and push it out the door", meaning they didn't give a rats *** how bad you were telling them the product was, it had to get to market for the $$$. I hope through all of this the fan base will keep that in mind. It is middle and upper management at EA, or any company for that matter, that calls these shots. Because most developers want to deliver the "cool" stuff, making money is just a side effect of the job.
  • Options
    Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    edited June 2014
    Totally agree and it's not the devs I blame. I'm sure they didn't want to take things out they also love or worked on for the game. It's always the higher ups sitting in meetings making stupid decisions. However, I bet if the game flops and they don't make that money they will suddenly have the time to add all that stuff back into the game.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    KramYraelo wrote:

Very well worded and I can tell from the heart. My hope is that the right person at EA reads this and says "Hey, this is getting serious". My belief is only those who have no control over this (the developers) will ever see it and be touched by it. And unfortunately it is out of their control.

As a developer myself I can't tell you the number of times management has said "paint it red and push it out the door", meaning they didn't give a rats *** how bad you were telling them the product was, it had to get to market for the $$$. I hope through all of this the fan base will keep that in mind. It is middle and upper management at EA, or any company for that matter, that calls these shots. Because most developers want to deliver the "cool" stuff, making money is just a side effect of the job.

Well said, some of us got a bit too hot headed and didn't word things as well as either of you. I feel a great deal of simmers are as angry as you.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    INCREDIBLE POST!
  • Options
    webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wonderful post! You should email this to the head of EA and executive producer, Rachel Franklin. :thumbup:
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.