Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help?

Hi! Well I'm playing Sims for the first time in months.

I have these expansion packs registered; Pets, Seasons, Late Night, and Ambitions

I have a few questions!

-

Please excuse any stupid questions. I'm not such a bright person. Hehe :D

-

1. Is there any way to make it download faster?

I've had many laptops and I only had the expansion packs I listed registered. That's completely fine with me though, as those are my favorite packs.
I logged into my Origin account and I am currently downloading the Base Game.
It's been downloading for 7-8 hours now and it's only a bit over halfway done.
It has never taken this long and I'm getting frustrated.
I've been wanting to play Sims for so long and I'm getting so excited that I already have plans on what I'm going to do when it all finally downloads!
After this I still have 4 expansion packs to download. I may just download 2 though.
I need help on if there's any way to make them download faster. Thanks!

2. Crashing?

On my last laptop, I couldn't play sims because about 5-20 minutes after playing, it'd crash. :(
Is there any way to prevent this/stop this from happening just in case it happens again with this laptop? (This is my new one)

3. Slowness?

I've noticed this computer is a bit slow on animated things. I tried to log in to a site I played as a younger child and it was terribly slow. Another site I play on that has animated pets too, it's sorta slow.
I'm worried that Sims may be slow on my computer, and that'd be terrible as Sims wins for being my favorite computer game.
Any way to fix/prevent this?

4. Giving away pets?

I understand you can't exactly sell dogs on Sims 3 pets.

But I came back into the Forums on this site after being gone for a long time.
I saw that people were giving out emails and sending puppies to each other that way?
Am I missing something? Have I misunderstood it?
Is it really what I think it is? Giving away Puppies to actual playing Simmers? :-o

If it is, can you tell me how?

I've always wanted to become a dog breeder on Sims and real life!
Please don't get angry at me for this. (I've stalked forum posts about this and seen members get a bit upset with the fact of selling/giving away pets)
I do understand that you can't sell to others, only give. (If I understood correctly about even giving away the pets)
I'd like to breed my favorite dog breeds and give them to other Simmers and keep some puppies.
Just for fun, because I can't become a dog breeder in real life so I'd like to become one in the Sims since my friend and I are trying to live a life that we've always wanted to live hehe.

-

I think that is all!

Thank you! :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,934 Member
    edited June 2014
    The only way I know of making downloading go faster is by having a faster internet.

However, it is possible to keep the Installer files by checking a box in Origin. Otherwise they will be deleted after installing the game and you'll have to download again when you next need to reinstall.

You should also make sure you de-authorise your computer when you no longer want to play Sims on it as you can only have Sims on up to 5 computers. If you don't de-authorise the computer they say you have breached your license limit eventually. And then you can't put it on any more computers. This applies to the digital downloads.

The way to keep your Installer files is to go to the Origin menu.
    Origin > Application Settings > Advanced >

Then put a tick in the box that says - Keep game installers after games have been instaleld.

Many things cause crashing. Pets is particularly hard on your computer. Here is a link to the Crashing Checklist. It might help you work out what your problem is.

NOTE: If this checklist still says you need to change your DEP settings - don't. That no longer applies. You can confirm this by going into Windows Task Manager and going to the Processes page and add a column for Data Execution Prevention. You will see it is Disabled for TS3W.exe now. It is enabled for the Launcher - but that is ok.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Crashing_Checklist

Also this link might be helpful.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Your_Computer_is_Like_a_Car

About giving away pets. There is the Exchange. You can put pets on the Exchange and others can download them.

This link is to a thread in the Creative Corner forum
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/205.page

If you go to the Creative Corner forum you will find lots of tutorials and other information about sharing your Sims, Pets, Lots and whatever else you like to make.

If you choose to download from the Exchange be aware there can be dangers there too. Here is a link that explains a bit about Custom Content

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page

Not all of it is bad though. But it is best to find out about these things before things go wrong.

I tend to keep backups of all of my files on an external drive just in case something goes badly wrong and I need to make a fresh Sims 3 folder and can't use anything in my existing Sims 3 folder.

I hope this covers your questions. Please let us know if you have any more concerns.

Happy Simming... :D
  • Options
    Kisky2002Kisky2002 Posts: 114 Member
    edited June 2014
    Alright. Thank you so much! :)