Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dragon Valley and other store content won't stay installed

I've had this problem for MONTHS now and EA won't help me for some reason. My custom content stays installed when I go in game. Store content however says it's installed but when I go in game, it uninstalls itself. Recently I bought Dragon Valley because everyone was saying how cool it is, and I wanted the violin skill (didn't know that was in a venue but whatever). So I got the disc version and it said it installed, but the world isn't there. It tried installing while on the main menu through the download dashboard. I've tried installing through the launcher while on the main menu. I've tried installing it before I open my game. Same thing every time. It says it's installed, but it's not. It even installs as an object which I don't understand. It's supposed to be a world. My other store content was free or from the limited edition, so I' m not too worried about that. I'm worried about Dragon Valley because I actually paid money for that! If I buy something, especially that expensive, I want to be able to use it!
So can someone please tell me how I can get Dragon Valley to stay installed on my game? Because this isn't fair. I want to use something I paid for. And yes. I tried removing my mod folder before downloading and that still didn't work. So what am I supposed to do? Because this is not fair at all, and I'm starting to get really annoyed that I just wasted my money. The game is non-returnable because I already registered the code. So please help me! Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    simsfanatic9simsfanatic9 Posts: 223 Member
    edited November 2013
    Bump! Please someone help me! Or tell me where I can find a forum that has the answer!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Alright. I went into my Electronic Arts folder and went under installed worlds and it says: Dragon Valley.world. This shows up 8 times because I kept trying to install it. So if it's installed, why isn't it showing up in my game and why does the launcher say it's not installed?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    For anyone else having this problem, I followed option 3 on the link below and it worked! Woohoo!
    http://nonasims.wordpress.com/2013/01/11/help-i-installed-a-world-from-the-sims-3-store-*******-not-in-game/
    All I did was rename my old Sims 3 file to Sims 3.old and then opened the launcher, downloaded Dragon Valley and installed it, launched the game, and it was there! So happy!
  • Options
    annajenson26annajenson26 Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    HI! i'm having this problem but the link you posted no longer works. Could you tell me what to do? I'm so frustrated.
  • Options
    AlyssaleanneAlyssaleanne Posts: 11 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Same problem here. All of my store content, including worlds I have purchased aren't showing up in the game. In the launcher everything shows up as downloaded and installed, but then I launch the game and none of it is there. I have deleted, redownloaded and reinstalled all of my store content several times and still nothing. This happened after the most recent update.

I have a mac, OS X 10.9
    My game is version 1.63.4.024017

I just purchased Dragon Valley on black Friday, pretty frustrated I haven't been able to play it at all
  • Options
    MelissaSereneMelissaSerene Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    I'm having the same problem I really need help fixing this :(
  • Options
    AlyssaleanneAlyssaleanne Posts: 11 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Bump :)
  • Options
    linds2010linds2010 Posts: 477 Member
    edited December 2013
    Im having the same problem with roaring heights
  • Options
    Kchat393Kchat393 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Any update on this? I'm having the same issue with all of my store content.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited January 2014
    I don't know if it is what she described for sure or not, but it sounds like she just recreated her sims 3 folder, by renaming her sims 3 folder sims3.old and then reran the game. In other words, the old sims 3 folder was corrupted. Btw if you are having problems with a world, don't just check your launcher, check your installed worlds folder and see if there is a file there for it, because if it isn't showing up there, the world itself isn't installed, no matter what the launcher says, just the other content that came with it. If you don't want to get rid of your old sims 3 folder and reinstall all your custom content to the new sims 3 folder, go into the installed worlds folder in the new sims 3 folder you just created and installed the world to, and copy and paste the file there in its installed world folder into your old sims 3 folder installed worlds folder and the world will show up. you will have to rename the sims3.old folder back to its original name however, and remove the new one from the documents/electronics arts folder. I hope that is clearer than mud!
  • Options
    valasiavalasia Posts: 9 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Here is the link to the current instruction page:

http://nonasims.wordpress.com/tag/install-world/

I am having the problem of store worlds (any that didn't come with an expansion) have files names for all the lot and sims names, even with nothing else installed.
  • Options
    miaowichanmiaowichan Posts: 2
    edited March 2014
    This seems to be happening to a lot of people! It just recently happened to me today. I've been trying to fix it for about 6-8 hours. I am very frustrated!!!! :evil: :x
  • Options
    ericajediericajedi Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is happening to me now as well! I have gone through each of the options from that link, and it still won't work. It is downloaded and installed, but is not showing up in the new worlds drop down for a new game. I am completely computer illiterate, so if someone else has another way of fixing this, it would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!!!
  • Options
    struckk1962struckk1962 Posts: 17
    edited June 2014
    I to am having the same issue with Dragon Valley, I didn't realize I had to be a IT tech to do a simple install , and an update to play a game I bought . change folder names in program files, risking doing further damage, just my opinion . EA needs to fix the problem at hand .
  • Options
    Firefaerie11287Firefaerie11287 Posts: 16
    edited June 2014
    Content I bought from the Sims 3 store, ALL content, whether it be a world or object or whatever, won't stay installed either. It says it's installed on my game installation tab, but it's not.