Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are the plumbots player controllable?

....cause I kind of don't want them to be. I am hoping that they're similar to how the servos were in The Sims 1 wherein you just activated it shall you need anything. Are they more or less the same? It's kind of a hassle to have a Plumbot when I'm already controlling 6 sims and a pet :(

Comments

• Options
    lupusrex180lupusrex180 Posts: 644 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yep, unfortunately they're controllable even if you (for example) only put in the chip to make them clean. However, the fewer chips you put in of the type that unlock behaviors/needs, the less controlling they need. A Plumbot with only Competent Cleaner will be selectable but act similar to Bonehilda, automatically cleaning and doing laundry. Once they can socialize, play music, etc. they may ignore their other tasks and need direction.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited June 2014
    Why is that unfortunate? You CAN control him but you don't have to. As lupusrex180 said, just insert the basic work chips like chores, repair and gardening and they won't get on your nerves. :mrgreen:
    "Constant learning" (or how's it called, I can't remember quite well) is also great for all self-employed Sims. For example, if you have a Sim who is a self-employed painter then just let his Plumbot learn painting and he will stand all day at the easel while your Sim can hang out with friends. :mrgreen:
    Add a "solar powered" chip and your Plumbot don't even needs to recharge during daylight times.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    bratt_sniperbratt_sniper Posts: 349 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thank you! :) I'll mess around with them for a bit tonight :)
  • Options
    RubiesandRainbowsRubiesandRainbows Posts: 197 Member
    edited June 2014
    When I had a plumbot, she was obsessed with the swimming pool. If I didn't keep my eye on her, into the pool she went.

I found it odd, especially as she seemed to be completely unaffected by the water. Also, it was a hovering plumbot, so watcher knows how she swam.
  • Options
    NassTNassT Posts: 435 Member
    edited June 2014
    When I had a plumbot, she was obsessed with the swimming pool. If I didn't keep my eye on her, into the pool she went.

I found it odd, especially as she seemed to be completely unaffected by the water. Also, it was a hovering plumbot, so watcher knows how she swam.

The same thing happened with me! I made a nanny bot to take care of my sim's new baby and the plumbot spent all her time swimming. The poor baby almost starved to death. I ended up selling her (the plumbot, not the baby), making a new one (again, plumbot, not baby), and this one took care of the baby perfectly and never went near the pool.