Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Floating houses!?!? - Quote from Honeywell's blog

I haven't seen this discussed yet, so I thought I'd share in case some people missed it.

Quoted from Honeywell's blog (http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/):

A new Sims 4 building preview, Architect Simulator, from Russian site Igomania, mentions literally using cut and paste to move rooms to a different level. Sounds handy.

"One of my colleagues at the presentation of the first thing built hut on chicken legs - small house holding only a pair of driving, with a porch and a wooden staircase . Well, I attended to the creation of a flying house that would hang above the ground without any support at all (quite popular hooliganism in previous installments), and was surprised to find that the floating house is also just a couple of mouse clicks. Suffice it by Ctrl + C - Ctrl + V "cut" the entire first floor and "paste" it to himself a higher level. A kind of little cheat allowed, prompted by the developers in your ear, which is also no stranger to a modicum of madness." —Architect Simulator (Translated with Google translate.)

It sounds like you can make floating houses using the cut-and-paste feature to make a room on the ground level, and cut-and-paste it onto a higher level so it's just floating in space without visible support (without a ground floor). I suppose you could put a stairway there reaching the ground so the Sims can climb up. That's awesome!

Am I reading this right? :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah you're reading it right. That's quite a good translation, too. I have come to believe that Google translate can go very wrong indeed!
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    RainbowDust1RainbowDust1 Posts: 353 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow! This sounds awesome, especially for futuristic builds :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    14s9px.gif
  • Options
    clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited June 2014
    This will also be great for tree houses 0_0
  • Options
    KBrox1KBrox1 Posts: 234 Member
    edited June 2014
    ohhh tree houses yeah :D
    <iframe width="202" height="25" src="http://embed.wattpad.com/follow/cosmicondoms/follow/cosmicondoms?type=2&theme=light&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited June 2014
    :D What page exactly do you go to for the Sims 4 surveys? :D
  • Options
    beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    edited June 2014

If that's the case then I hope Sims 4 includes some kind of fog emitter. I suppose you really could build a castle in the sky, clouds and all :mrgreen:

11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited June 2014
    I wonder if this would work for a third floor? So the floating house would then be the height of a third floor instead of a second floor? It'd make sense. A single stairway wouldn't reach all the way to a third floor, but you could place one stairway, then put a little platform there at the 2nd floor level, then place a second stairway to go to the main house on the 3rd floor level. Um, maybe. :wink: I can dream, right? Although it would look a little awkward without spiral staircases or ladders.
    beastcam1 wrote:
    If that's the case then I hope Sims 4 includes some kind of fog emitter. I suppose you really could build a castle in the sky, clouds and all :mrgreen:
    Omigosh, that's an awesome idea. I'm imagining a wizard's castle or something, floating up about 10 feet off the ground.
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited June 2014
    clynnc19 wrote:

I didn't think of tree houses, neat! :shock: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2014
    wickedjr89 wrote:
    clynnc19 wrote:

I didn't think of tree houses, neat! :shock: :mrgreen:

Finally!!! That would be AMAZING~! :cry: *tears of joy*
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    I really hope we'll get ladders back. Ladders or spiral staircases would work well with floating builds. I would love to build some hoverhouses that make use of all the futuristic build/buy content and this new feature 8) I'm glad they are getting rid of the need for building cheats, and I hope it's going to be a lot easier to manipulate our builds now. I just worry about things like the floors and ceilings--like when you move rooms around or alter them, I worry that parts of the ceiling could go missing (not render properly) like they did in Sims 3. I hated that worse than anything because sometimes it couldn't be fixed and it would ruin the entire build :cry: I worked for ages on a special build for a friend, and had to redo the whole thing when parts of the ceiling decided to vanish for no reason at all. :roll:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited June 2014
    clynnc19 wrote:

I didn't even think of that, but you are right. Now I kinda wanna build my sims a treehouse to live in.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    enkeli63 wrote:
    I worry that parts of the ceiling could go missing (not render properly) like they did in Sims 3. I hated that worse than anything because sometimes it couldn't be fixed and it would ruin the entire build :cry: I worked for ages on a special build for a friend, and had to redo the whole thing when parts of the ceiling decided to vanish for no reason at all. :roll:
    That's really weird. I don't believe that's ever happened in my game. :shock:
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    Penelope wrote:
    enkeli63 wrote:
    I worry that parts of the ceiling could go missing (not render properly) like they did in Sims 3. I hated that worse than anything because sometimes it couldn't be fixed and it would ruin the entire build :cry: I worked for ages on a special build for a friend, and had to redo the whole thing when parts of the ceiling decided to vanish for no reason at all. :roll:
    That's really weird. I don't believe that's ever happened in my game. :shock:

I found if I painted the ceilings in my builds, I had to leave at least one room with the default ceiling tile or somewhere on the lot, ceiling tiles would vanish and could never be fixed. It ruined some builds that were meant to have wood ceilings throughout, like in a Scandinavian cabin.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    enkeli63 wrote:
    I found if I painted the ceilings in my builds, I had to leave at least one room with the default ceiling tile or somewhere on the lot, ceiling tiles would vanish and could never be fixed.
    That's probably why it never happened in my games. I never would bother painting the ceilings. There must have been a glitch associated with it.