Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Edit in game not working

Hey everyone so whenever I go to edit in game it doesnt load up anyone know how to fix this???

Comments

• Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited July 2011
    Check out the alert at the top of the FAQ
  • Options
    2lovely4u2lovely4u Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    I am having the same problem. I have uninstalled the older version then downloaded the new version and made sure my games were up to date. When I go to edit in game the launcher opens up. Help what can we do? I miss building my worlds. :x :(
  • Options
    corndog00corndog00 Posts: 271
    edited July 2011
    It's an exectuable file causing this: go the the FAQ at the top of this fourm, it has a solution and the reason this is happening.
  • Options
    misshickchickmisshickchick Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    Okay...maybe I just have a case of the stupids today, but where is the FAQ at??
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    edited May 2014
    Okay...maybe I just have a case of the stupids today, but where is the FAQ at??

Right at the top ofthe Create a World Forum:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/278761.page
  • Options
    MadGazMadGaz Posts: 124 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I've been having a similar problem too!
    I'm not able to use EIG at all! If it decides to load into the game, it crashes if I try to build/place lots.

Quite frustrating as I have no idea why this has started doing this :(

I'm going to uninstall the base game and Pets expansion and then re-add these from the CD (when I moved these to a new PC I couldn't find the Pets expansion so had to do this from Origin).

As an aside; whereas usually the Sims 3 stuff goes in the Electronic Arts folder - if installed from Origin it goes under an "Origin" folder. It could be that this may be causing a problem.

I'm not sure what else to try though - very frustrating though.
    Anyone else got any ideas/solutions?

Thanks
    Gaz :)
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited June 2014
    MadGaz wrote:
    I've been having a similar problem too!
    I'm not able to use EIG at all! If it decides to load into the game, it crashes if I try to build/place lots.

Quite frustrating as I have no idea why this has started doing this :(

I'm going to uninstall the base game and Pets expansion and then re-add these from the CD (when I moved these to a new PC I couldn't find the Pets expansion so had to do this from Origin).

As an aside; whereas usually the Sims 3 stuff goes in the Electronic Arts folder - if installed from Origin it goes under an "Origin" folder. It could be that this may be causing a problem.

I'm not sure what else to try though - very frustrating though.
    Anyone else got any ideas/solutions?

Thanks
    Gaz :)
    Do you have much Store content? Rflong has found that having around 2.5gb of Store content installed or more often makes EIG crash, especially when you're placing lots that also have Store content.

I made a thread about this a while ago:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/746539.page#11899380

I haven't really had a chance to do much in CAW since, but I do know that starting a new Sims 3 folder for me and slowly installing just Build/Buy Store content helped me get EIG to load in the first place.

As well, try Googling to see if there are other ways to help. I know that if it's not loading, you can try closing background programs that are running on your computer; some people suggest minimising to the desktop and waiting until its 100% loaded the world. Others suggest more RAM for your computer or changing some settings on your computer to let Create a World and EIG run freely.

Is there anything in particular you're doing in EIG, if it loads, that makes it crash? Like, do your lots have Sims? Do they have lots of Store content? Are they big lots? Could it be a piece of CC in those specific lots?

At the very least I'd try running it with a clean Sims 3 folder first, and work from there.
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)