Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Smooth Criminal : Cycle One - Sign Up Now!

14073150248_1e8e027872_o.png

Hello and welcome to another Monster competition! I know the forums are full of competitions but this one promises to be different and you won't want to miss out!

This competition much like the title suggests is all about criminal activity / things to do with crime, so assignments will be all along a certain theme but I assure you they are all very different and each of them fun and unique in their own way. You don't need a model that looks like your stereotypical prisoner, any model will do. Male or female!

Being a fashion competition styling and posing will obviously still be important but you can use editing and your creativity to create some eery, out of this world shots so get ready to become the ultimate smooth criminal!

Sign yourself up using the sign up form below!
We are also looking for another judge so please hand in a judge entry form if you feel you'd be good at providing feedback for our models!

Reserved

Samm
Vav

14256469181_f0e0faa8cc_o.png
No negativity towards other contestants or belittling yourself
Judges comments / scores are most likely personal to their own tastes or likes so please be respectful towards our judges
CC is allowed and recommended
Editing is allowed and strongly recommended
Female models only
No Face Plastering or Photo Skinning
Only 3 extensions per model per cycle, I will be keeping track!
Extensions only last 2 days max. and I will only accept them 24 hours before the deadline of the current assignment
Each assignment lasts 7 days unless it is more complex or there are two parts to it and I will state underneath whether extensions will be accepted or not that round
I set deadlines at GMT time so ask if you need it changed to your timezone!
If you are going to post NUDE photos post them on Unbound!
Please don't join if you know you are likely to drop!
Most importantly have fun!

14279958653_0d3998cfdd_o.png
Model Entry Form

Preferred Name -
Model's Name - ( Please include a first & second name )
Headshot on white background - No make - up, hair down
Bodyshot on transparent background or background contrasting your model's skin tone, hair etc. - Wearing black and / or yellow

14259408334_90d855f989_o.png
Judge Entry Form

Preferred Name -
Experience -
Preferred Method of Contact - ( PM, Email, Tumblr etc. )
Availability - ( Twice a week, every night etc. )
Headshot on black background -

Assignment & Results Archive
Assignment 1 | Results

Officials Thread

Comments

• Options
    MangaMonster_xXMangaMonster_xX Posts: 2,233 Member
    edited May 2014
    14073134939_59786a9d22_o.png

ASSIGNMENT ONE : PRISON MUG SHOTS

Let's start of with something pretty simple! This assignment is about the classic prison mug shot, if you don't know what I'm talking about see the examples below. This is a great way to start off as this is one of the first things you think of when you think of a criminal.

This assignment is pretty easy and requires only two things ; a striped background ( black and white ) , like the examples and for your model to have a simple pose, no smiling please. You can have your model holding the plaque like the examples but it isn't mandatory so feel free to leave it out.

This shot is waist up!

Requirements
    ONE Photo
    Prison Shot
    Waist Up
    THIN Black Border

Please read the rules section before posting your shot!

EXAMPLE:
    14256470241_e63a9590ed_o.png
    DEADLINE: TBC
    NON ELIMINATION ROUND

The deadline will be announced once we reach 12 models!

14073149038_f761cb07d5_o.png

The Scoring in this competition is much like any other in which there will be a rubric you have to take into account while completing your shot and the Judges will mark based on that rubric.

Each round, every judge will choose their favourite photo not necessarily based on the rubric and this model will receive an extra 2 points, if you have received a Judges Choice the headshot of the Judge who gave you the extra points will appear next to your photo!

RUBRIC

Photo Presentation - /5
    Photo Quality - /5
    Model Styling - /10
    Creativity - /10
    Personal Taste - /5
    Posing - /5
    Requirements - /5
    Total: /45

Scoring Breakdown

Photo Presentation - Is the camera angle too harsh, the lighting too dark or is the model washed out by the background?
    Photo Quality - Is your photo blurred in places or pixelated?
    Model Styling - Is the model's outfit appropriate for the assignment, does the hair look good with the clothing?
    Creativity - Is the photo something you wouldn't have expected or is it out of the box?
    Personal Taste - Is the image to your personal taste, dp you the this photo is worthy of being in a magazine?
    Requirements - Does the photo fit the requirements list?
    Overall Image - Does the image work together as a whole, does the model look too cute for the dark background, does any of the styling look borked?

Judges Choice - Does the photo WOW you? At the top of your scores please tell me your judges' choice you don't need reasoning because I find one photo just sticks out to me in particular. Please no biased judges choices as I have seen in some competitions that judges choose their friends or the same person each round, be fair!

14256470161_f61ea1ae66_o.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    14073149048_376e866328_o.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Open for sign ups!
  • Options
    SammLiteSammLite Posts: 1,171 Member
    edited May 2014
    LOVEIT! Reserve moi :)
    gif2_zps7841c011.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    SammLite wrote:
    LOVEIT! Reserve moi :)

Reserved :D
  • Options
    munchkinprincessmunchkinprincess Posts: 1,212 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Ah your killing me.
  • Options
    Vav2009Vav2009 Posts: 429 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Please reserve me :wink:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Vav2009 wrote:
    Please reserve me :wink:

Will do :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Ah your killing me.

You know you want to :wink:
  • Options
    bjorn979bjorn979 Posts: 593 Member
    edited May 2014

One word: AUDAZ. :mrgreen:
    33ba886a-039e-4500-8fa0-a9e7635368d4.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Bump

@Bjorn - I would continue it now as I have the time but they're are so many competitions going on and I'm not sure all the people who originally signed up would still be up for it
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited May 2014
    Quick bump for you! This looks so awesome, I'm sure you can expect a judge's application from me soon!!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Quick bump for you! This looks so awesome, I'm sure you can expect a judge's application from me soon!!

Let's hope we get some entries, would be glad to have you as a judge :lol:
  • Options
    lilybluebelllilybluebell Posts: 495 Member
    edited May 2014
    This looks really awesome and I'd love to join, but I'm just wondering whether it'd stay active, because I entered Audaz and that kind of disappeared, and then Hipster was called off too. I'm just queurying in advance. :)
    tumblr_m6lwv1LDhs1r1fabt.gif
    In Evan Heaven.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    This looks really awesome and I'd love to join, but I'm just wondering whether it'd stay active, because I entered Audaz and that kind of disappeared, and then Hipster was called off too. I'm just queurying in advance. :)

If we get enough models definitely I've made sure I'm super organised, all assignments are ready , the model and headshot walls are set up in advance and I have set space to write scores in my diary so we'll be on track from the start no delays! Just hope we get enough interest :lol:
  • Options
    emoheartbreaker2emoheartbreaker2 Posts: 139
    edited May 2014
    Love the idea hope you get some models i'll be lurking :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Vav2009Vav2009 Posts: 429 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Unfortunately I need to pull my reserve