Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 unplayable lag and freezing

The sims has become unplayable due to these issues. The game will play fine for 30 seconds then the game will either lag severely or freeze totally for up to a minute.
I have an Nvidia Geforce GT 430 and AMD Athalon processor that is dual core and 3.0 ghz and 6 gigs of RAM. I've enabled both cores and lowered the settings on the game but nothing seems to be working. Any help or tips would be much appreciated.

Edit: I have no custom content or mods of any kind, just all of the main expansions and some sim store downloads.

Comments

• Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi,

Which town are you playing the game in?

There is one thing you can try out to fix the lag or freeze issues. While in game, press CTRL + SHIFT + C on your keyboard to bring up the code console (it should appear eventually). After that, type in this command:
    resetsim *

What this command does is reset every Sim in town with neutral motives, no moodlets, and teleports them back home.
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    nyancatlover222nyancatlover222 Posts: 21
    edited May 2014
    I suggest using Minimized screen in settings in your game it will be at top of the page somewhere in your settings (if u need a clearer explination just ask, but search first)
  • Options
    struckk1962struckk1962 Posts: 17
    edited May 2014
    My game seams to be doing same thing, tried resetsim no luck. Not sure how to fix, also re installed with no luck .Any help would be awesome.