Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAW switch from medium to large

VoyfhelVoyfhel Posts: 104 Member
Hi guys!
I am building my world called brighten. it is nearly finished. then i realised that medium isn't big enough. I want to make it a large map so I can create more reality to terrain distance! also My camera non routable will thank me for that.
Is there a way to import your world(medium sized) to a large map?

Thank you xx

Comments

• Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi Voyfhel!

I have not tested this for your porpuse but I think it may work.

Make a new world in CAW, large size, test.world, save and close CAW.

Then open test.world with s3pe and import resources (resources/import tab) from your name.world, delete the WPID imported and undelete the WPID deleted (files are shown by name so you will find both one after the other) you will have your world with the WPID of test.world.

I think there is an INI file, when opened in S3pe, that contains the world size, if you find it delete the imported one (the one from your name.world that contains the 1024x1024 size script) and undelete the original one from test.world, that contains the 2048x2048 size script.

Save and close s3pe, then open test.world in CAW, choose a newname in the global layer (where name, description and thumbnail are) and save as newname.world and close, open newname.world and see what size you have now.

It is the only thing I can figure out, don´t know if it will work but it is not a hard task and it is worth while trying. It would be great to know that it works.

Good luck and happy simming
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    Zach_BundyZach_Bundy Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited May 2014
    Even if that doesn't work you could take thee heightmap, etc into a photo editing program and enlarge the picture
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited May 2014
    junceda wrote:
    Hi Voyfhel!

I have not tested this for your porpuse but I think it may work.

Make a new world in CAW, large size, test.world, save and close CAW.

Then open test.world with s3pe and import resources (resources/import tab) from your name.world, delete the WPID imported and undelete the WPID deleted (files are shown by name so you will find both one after the other) you will have your world with the WPID of test.world.

I think there is an INI file, when opened in S3pe, that contains the world size, if you find it delete the imported one (the one from your name.world that contains the 1024x1024 size script) and undelete the original one from test.world, that contains the 2048x2048 size script.

Save and close s3pe, then open test.world in CAW, choose a newname in the global layer (where name, description and thumbnail are) and save as newname.world and close, open newname.world and see what size you have now.

It is the only thing I can figure out, don´t know if it will work but it is not a hard task and it is worth while trying. It would be great to know that it works.

Good luck and happy simming

Has anyone tried this suggestion to see if it works??
    Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Even if that doesn't work you could take thee heightmap, etc into a photo editing program and enlarge the picture
  • Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi Zach!

Have you tried your process? I would like to know some details, does terrain painting transferr? what about roads or land marks, do they transferr?

I think I will give a try to my own occurrence, it would be great to know if it is possible, and then yours to see how can be made the most of the work you have done and enlarge the layout of a world
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi, Junceda :D

Yes, you can export each terrain paint layer. I've done this many times- I've never read about a world size on the ini files- CAW doesn't keep ini files but it might be on another file. I haven't and don't know about all the files in the worlds. :)

I've transferred several worlds up in size and usually by exporting the map and the terrain layers.
    If you stretch the map and then use Raw Therapee to make the map a 16bit png file (I think that's it).

If you stretch the map then stretch each exported terrain layer, too. Don't have to make these 16bit png files though. Plain old png is fine for paint layers.

I've done this many times- normally just transferring the small map to a larger without making the island bigger. Use a new terrain paint as the last to mark each intersection will make road placement easier. I use a pink- then delete the layer once the roads are down. :D

• Options
    SISTERWOLFSISTERWOLF Posts: 149 Member
    edited May 2014
    Rflong7 would you be able to do that with Lonely Island IP?put it on a bigger map so there is more ocean to travel on with my houseboat!And I was also curious to know if the Kracken is there,I haven't seen one so I was just wondering,if not can one be added?Right now it's the only world I can play that is lag-free and I Love it!!

90759596-eea0-425b-a0d1-553ae8ae4661_zpse27f4498.jpg

for some reason the houseboat will dock at Just-a-Dock but it won't pull away,maybe because it is so close to the edge of the world.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2014
    SISTERWOLF wrote:
    Rflong7 would you be able to do that with Lonely Island IP?put it on a bigger map so there is more ocean to travel on with my houseboat!And I was also curious to know if the Kracken is there,I haven't seen one so I was just wondering,if not can one be added?Right now it's the only world I can play that is lag-free and I Love it!!

<snip picture>

for some reason the houseboat will dock at Just-a-Dock but it won't pull away,maybe because it is so close to the edge of the world.

Hi, Sisterwolf :D

Yes, I can put it on a bigger map.... well, it's EA's map already. I'd just have to transfer the paint and objects. I see about it when I take a break from Oz. =D

*No Kraken, it's too shallow. :(
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SISTERWOLFSISTERWOLF Posts: 149 Member
    edited May 2014
    OMG Your creating Oz?I want to follow the yellow brick road!!I also heard you were creating a Freezer Bunny World,that sounds Awesome!!But of course all your worlds are Awesome!!! :mrgreen: Have a Nice Day :!: