Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tainted Love... Store Items gone "BAD"

WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
I have recently had trouble trying to upload a lot to the exchange. I do NOT and NEVER have had CC. I do however have TONS of store content.

So imagine my surprise and aggravation when I found that I could NOT upload a lot I had made, because of "CERTAIN" Store Content!

Thankfully, due to some Lovely Friends, I was able to find out exactly WHICH, store item was preventing me from uploading my lot.

I would like for this thread to be a place where we can let others know about which items we need to be careful of, or STAY away from!

I only ask that you please post a picture of the "Tainted" item AND write a brief description of what the trouble was with it.

So this is the item that prevented my lot from uploading:

Screenshot2014-05-16at42944PM_zpscdcb0ccf.png

It's from the Hewnsman Set and it completely prevented my lot from uploading to the exchange. Once I removed "just" this item, my lot uploaded without any trouble.

Comments

• Options
    crs9900crs9900 Posts: 711 Member
    edited May 2014
    Why would store items, of all things, prevent uploads?
    Does anyone know the cause?
    :?
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi Cath thank you for reminding us of this troublesome decor item. Its is a pity that this is still causing trouble and not been fixed after after it been a known cause for a few years . :(
    Hugs Folly
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for posting this Cath! I knew about this particular item too. Quite unfortunate that we cannot use the items we paid for. :(
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited May 2014
    I do not know why....but I have used that urn and stick store item on a couple of my builds and it uploaded without a problem. I have seen that it gives others problems before too, but it never has for me. I can think of three or four of the homes in my studio with this. I have even MOOed it into itself several times to give it more sticks inside the va se. I wonder if it isn't compatible with some systems, or browsers, or computers?

So maybe it isn't completely "bad". Maybe it is selectively bad.
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited May 2014
    Taryn has a good point, I don't think the Vase is bad it's just causing trouble
    for some people (for unknown reasons). I know several of my friends have had
    trouble with it but I haven't had any trouble with it at all.

But it is true that some store items prevents creations from being uploaded successfully.
    I have had trouble with items from different store worlds. I know one time I had to remove
    the floating water lilys that we got from Sunlit Tides. The launcher said my lot was uploaded
    but it never showed up in my studio, until I removed that particular item. It's weird, to say the least :s

Maybe it is indeed something with the computers (or systems), I dunno.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Btw, "Store items gone "BAD"" made me giggle :XD:
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2014
    also I seen people have problems if they used 1 of the tiki patterens.... I don't think I have had problems.

what ever the reason, the fact that some EA items do creat truble for uploading, is both not aceptabel and schould be fixed.... and it is nice to have a list so thats the first thing to check if an uploade is cousing trubles
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I agree, it can't hurt to have a list even if only a few
    are experiencing trouble with a certain object :]
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2014
    Manssom wrote:
    I agree, it can't hurt to have a list even if only a few
    are experiencing trouble with a certain object :]

that can hopefully help some truble shoot
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited May 2014
    Here is a link to a whole list.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/328745.page

kim :(
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thanks Kim! Nice to have a list. Bookmarking this thread. :D Hope you are doing well Kim! ((Hugs)) :D