The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I can't even enjoy playing Sims 3 because:

It's been 3 months since I last played. Last time, I made a diving spot (Island Paradise) in Bridgeport so I can make some mer people in the city. Today, I made a merman and had him go to the divespot. 🐸🐸🐸🐸... it took him 5 minutes of my time for him to leave his apartment and go to the dive spot. He just stood there endlessly, and the clock in the game stopped. Every thing else was happening. His mood was going down, night became day and it was raining just fine too. I don't get it! It was making me so mad. I changed families and tried to get another Sim to a gig, but it took her even longer to get to her car!

I hate this. I hope in Sims 4, there's none of this. If I want my Sim to go do something or go to another place, I expect them to do it right then and there! Not stand there forever, frozen while everything else goes on around them!! I NEVER had this issue with Sims 2 or 1.

I just love how Sims 4 Sims can maneuver around each other so they don't all clutter around one door, and can rotate properly without looking like a robot. I really really hope that they can do something right away and not keep me waiting and fuming.
TTOVikb.png
Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

Comments

• Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I've lost half a day while my sim stood there tapping her foot to 'go to bed'.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2014
    Same here! My Sim decided she wanted to change into Outerwear and by the time she changed, she had spent 6hrs Sim time to do it!!! Then she complained she was hungry so I let her starve! :evil:
  • Options
    SimTeenRMSimTeenRM Posts: 200 Member
    edited May 2014
    moo11x wrote:
    ...so I let her starve! :evil:

:shock: Um...I'm going to go some-place less homicidal. xD
    Always Remember to Smile =)
  • Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited May 2014
    moo11x wrote:
    Same here! My Sim decided she wanted to change into Outerwear and by the time she changed, she had spent 6hrs Sim time to do it!!! Then she complained she was hungry so I let her starve! :evil:

Ooo I like your new avatar btw :)

and my Sims are too pretty/handsome to just let them starve lol. I think this all started when Seasons came out. Not to mention, a lot of save errors were happening a short while after.
    TTOVikb.png

• Options
    HaucusuchusHaucusuchus Posts: 118 Member
    edited May 2014
    moo11x wrote:

Hah, I did that to my sim because he kept cancelling out of waiting for a pie eating contest to complain about being hungry, and finally missed out on it altogether due to the complaints. All the Sims 4 talk of multitasking and pathfinding improvements excites me way more than graphics or clothing choices ever could.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited May 2014
    Well, the only way I've found around the 'clothing change takes forever' problem is to pause the game while waiting, it not only seems to allow them to change faster, but also means their motives don't go down while you wait... Usually I only have to pause it for 10-20 seconds, still far too long IMO I shouldn't have to pause it at all, but it's better then the alternative.
    raw
  • Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited May 2014
    Evil_One wrote:
    Well, the only way I've found around the 'clothing change takes forever' problem is to pause the game while waiting, it not only seems to allow them to change faster, but also means their motives don't go down while you wait... Usually I only have to pause it for 10-20 seconds, still far too long IMO I shouldn't have to pause it at all, but it's better then the alternative.

Yea I've tried that. Only works on occasion. Still super frustrating :/
    TTOVikb.png

• Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm done with Sims 3 since may 2013, i'm still with the series thought, i'm playing right now Sims 2 it is so much funnier than Sims 3, I don't even bother ecause of the closed world, because you can do everything in one lot.
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2014
    moo11x wrote:

Ooo I like your new avatar btw :)

and my Sims are too pretty/handsome to just let them starve lol. I think this all started when Seasons came out. Not to mention, a lot of save errors were happening a short while after.

Awww thank you sooo much~ :oops: hehehe I like yours too~ :wink:
    I do find Seasons is glitchy and ITTF too :cry:

Yeah, (I'm bad hehehe) it's hard to let them go when they're attractive but lucky for me her daughter was the spitting image of her so I though it was a sign of the Plumbob and went along with it~ :-P

(I don't kill Sims all the time hehehe :XD: )