The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Build Video

Guru Ryan had said in the latest CAS demo that they are planning to release a new demo on building in the game. If they do, what you like to see in the new build demo? I would like to see more about how the new fully furnished room catalog works, and how placing of the stairs work in Sims 4. :D

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    edited May 2014
    for me it would be the flower beds and if they show a glimpse of buy mode if there are workable washers and dryers like in the sims3 ambition
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited May 2014
    I want to see more furniture. All we have really seen is the same couch over and over (the one with cushions) and a few plants/paintings as well as the same sash windows. I know we will be getting big glass windows and some modern kitchens, but it would be nice to see some of the other stuff included and just how much we are getting with the base game.
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited May 2014
    Well, he didn't actually say there would be a video, just that they would be showing off their build tools in the future, which could very well mean E3.

Hopefully there will be a build video before then though. :)
  • Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    edited May 2014
    ADLER900 wrote:
    I want to see more furniture. All we have really seen is the same couch over and over (the one with cushions) and a few plants/paintings as well as the same sash windows. I know we will be getting big glass windows and some modern kitchens, but it would be nice to see some of the other stuff included and just how much we are getting with the base game.

Yes! I don't know how many times that couch was showed, i'm really worried with what the game will include, I hope we see L-shaped stairs, big windows (like in the sims 2), pools, and the wall height tool.
  • Options
    ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited May 2014
    These windows look nice and big, and modern. :D20130911-thesims4-build-support.jpg?itok=TmUUZiYS

I like the furniture here,
    screenshot_original.jpg
    but again, that bed and bookcase have been shown in every trailer. I would like to see more. I also want to see a more detailed kitchen... is there clutter, different cabinet styles? There was a nice concept image of an amazing red kitchen a while back. I would like to see that in game.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2014
    Zerbu wrote:
    Well, he didn't actually say there would be a video, just that they would be showing off their build tools in the future, which could very well mean E3.

I was just going to say the same thing. He said they would show them off, not that there will be a build video. I do, however, think a build video is what they meant.

My thinking is that they'll use CAS and build mode to hype up for E3, where they'll focus entirely on gameplay. That way what is the most important part for most people, and the part where the majority of info is completely new, is at the big convention, the rest is getting us hyped for it.

If that's the case, I would guess that it would be released the week after next. If they released in next week, they'd have a full 2.5 week gap to fill before E3, by releasing it the week after, they put a 2 week gap between CAS and build, and they only have a week and a half to fill before E3, so it isn't long enough for the hype to die down too much.
  • Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    edited May 2014
    ADLER900 wrote:
    These windows look nice and big, and modern. :D20130911-thesims4-build-support.jpg?itok=TmUUZiYS

I'm referring to 2 story windows.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2014
    Zerbu wrote:

He didn't actually say if it is just a vid, like with this latest CAS demo was. Or if it will be live video feed at first. And he didn't say when they'll release new info on building in the game. But it will be a vid never the less because they would be showing off the new build info. And the only way that we will get to see it is through video. :D