Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Worlds are compatible with Dive Spots?

Has anyone tested other worlds for placing dive spots and routing with houseboats?

I have been googling for a list of worlds that are compatible with dive spots, but can not find a 'Yea or Nay' for all 18 EA worlds.

Hoping everyone that has successfully placed dive spots will give their input.

Thanks in advance :D

Edit: UPDATE - It looks like it will be easier to list the worlds that are not compatible with Dive Spots:
Twinbrook
Shang Simla
Lunar Lakes
all other worlds are OK for placing Dive Spots

Thank you again everyone for your help :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    RoseRidgeRoseRidge Posts: 1,321 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thank you Lucy,

I want to remake one of the EA worlds to include as much content from the store and expansion packs as I can.

I will start my list off with Barnacle Bay :mrgreen:

appreciate the input :mrgreen:
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited April 2014
    I have added both house boats and dive spots in Roaring Heights.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I have added both house boats and dive spots in Roaring Heights.

Thank you, That is good news!
    Adding Roaring Heights to the list :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    edited May 2014
    This will help you a lot RoseRidge not only does it give you a step by step instruction on how to build a dive lot but at the bottom tells you every store and EP world that will allow and not allow dive lots. Roaring Heights is not on there cause if Island Paradise being made way before its release but roaring heights does indeed work as I tried it myself more then one occasion!http://simsvip.com/game-guides/sims-3-island-paradise/creating-dive-lots/
  • Options
    DesiiAnoworDesiiAnowor Posts: 371 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hello RoseRidge and everyone else. Thank you so much for this, I have wondered the exact same thing myself and haven't found much info on it.

I was testing dive lots in the early worlds before my game crashed, froze, and had to be reinstalled. I know one of them didn't work (my sim kept getting the un-routable bubble and throwing her little fit) - but I can't remember which one it was. I know that's not much help. I want to say it was Sunset Valley. I do remember building the lots in another area and they worked, but placing them had to be very specific.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    This will help you a lot RoseRidge not only does it give you a step by step instruction on how to build a dive lot but at the bottom tells you every store and EP world that will allow and not allow dive lots. Roaring Heights is not on there cause if Island Paradise being made way before its release but roaring heights does indeed work as I tried it myself more then one occasion!http://simsvip.com/game-guides/sims-3-island-paradise/creating-dive-lots/

Thank you for the link DegrassiGen, that does help a lot! This is exactly what I was searching for. It looks like Dive Spots can be placed in all EA worlds except:: Twinbrook, Shang Simla and Lunar Lakes. Glad to hear you confirm Roaring Heights as it is one of my favorite worlds. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    lucyvp86 wrote:
    Or you can use the guide from our very own Guru here on how to make ports....

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/690014.page#11001926

Also here are photos from when mcrudd was renovating Barnacle Bay and you can see the things she did to it to make it more IP-like.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/697925.page

Hi lucy, also very helpful links. Mcrudd's description of Barnacle Bay makes it a strong candidate for my makeover.

I thought the placement of dive spots would be the deciding factor in which world I would select for my cram-everything-into-one-world project, but now it is even harder to choose.

Thanks again :D

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Hello RoseRidge and everyone else. Thank you so much for this, I have wondered the exact same thing myself and haven't found much info on it.

I was testing dive lots in the early worlds before my game crashed, froze, and had to be reinstalled. I know one of them didn't work (my sim kept getting the un-routable bubble and throwing her little fit) - but I can't remember which one it was. I know that's not much help. I want to say it was Sunset Valley. I do remember building the lots in another area and they worked, but placing them had to be very specific.

Hi DesiiAnowor,
    Sorry about your computer crashing. Reinstalling is no fun. I am getting ready to reinstall myself, before I start this project and fingers crossed that it will be the last time I reinstall.

Thanks for letting me know your experience. Every bit of information is a big help. I will be sure and check thoroughly for routing issues, this is one of my concerns with placing a new lot where one did not exist before.

• Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited May 2014
    RoseRidge wrote:

Hi DesiiAnowor,
    Sorry about your computer crashing. Reinstalling is no fun. I am getting ready to reinstall myself, before I start this project and fingers crossed that it will be the last time I reinstall.

Thanks for letting me know your experience. Every bit of information is a big help. I will be sure and check thoroughly for routing issues, this is one of my concerns with placing a new lot where one did not exist before.

Howdy! The best way to check that there won't be any routing issues is to start with the lot on the shore with the lot boxes being green. Gradually move the lot further into the water. If it remains green the entire time then Sims will get there with no issues. If it turns red then there may be routing problems for Sims getting there :)
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,024 Member
    edited May 2014
    Weealbet wrote:
    Howdy! The best way to check that there won't be any routing issues is to start with the lot on the shore with the lot boxes being green. Gradually move the lot further into the water. If it remains green the entire time then Sims will get there with no issues. If it turns red then there may be routing problems for Sims getting there :)
    That is a good (and easy) suggestion. Thank you! My sims were having some boating issues between the shore and the dive lot I placed in BB, but not in the dive spot itself. Not sure if it was my trying to have them fish from the sailboat there or basic routing problems. Other NPC boats seemed to travel to the dive spot fine, but I'll check the routing like you describe and see if there is an issue. And I'll keep this in mind when I place another dive spot.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    lanlyn wrote:
    Weealbet wrote:
    That is a good (and easy) suggestion. Thank you! My sims were having some boating issues between the shore and the dive lot I placed in BB, but not in the dive spot itself. Not sure if it was my trying to have them fish from the sailboat there or basic routing problems. Other NPC boats seemed to travel to the dive spot fine, but I'll check the routing like you describe and see if there is an issue. And I'll keep this in mind when I place another dive spot.

Hi Weealbet,

I agree with lanlyn! That was a great tip Weealbet!
    Thank you! :mrgreen:

I have never added any new lot grids with the World Editor, since it is known to break the routing. It does seem that people have been able to add dive lots without the lag issues that comes with breaking the routing, so I thought I would give it a try.
    My original plan was to use S3pe to open a world in Create A World, but I am feeling more comfortable giving dive lots a try with your method in game with the World Editor. That certainly would be easier!

@lanlyn, I would love to know how your Barnacle Bay dive lots turn out.

Also curious as to how many dive lots everyone is placing with just the in game World Editor.
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited May 2014
    what about the reservoir in Oasis Landing?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    RoseRidge wrote:
    @lanlyn, I would love to know how your Barnacle Bay dive lots turn out.

Also curious as to how many dive lots everyone is placing with just the in game World Editor.
    I have put 2 dive spots in BB and added one beach area with a boat post close to one of them. The dive spots are both low level, but I plan to add 2 more higher level ones. I also want to try adding a couple of houseboat docks and houseboats. I don't want to overdo it though. So far, I haven't seen any routing issues caused by adding these first lots, but like you, I'm afraid to plop down new lots in a world.

I successfully connected the 2 dive lots through the underwater caves and they work perfectly--so sims can go from one dive spot to the other. The caves also work for exploring and woohoo. However, I did have to reset these caves (with NRaas DebugEnabler) after building them, but I had to do the same thing in IP when I first tried to explore those caves too. (Glitch where sim gets sent to shore at first entering a cave.) But now the sims have entered those caves more than once in BB without any issues. I have also had NPCs diving in the BB spots. The spawners work fine and so do the treasure chests.

I copied dive spots from IP to the library hoping I could just plunk them down in another world, but I couldn't find a way to get those to work. I also downloaded mcrudd's rebuilt BB, thinking I could use her dive spots to add directly to my BB. No luck there either. I had to build my own dive spots.

I wish I could find a way to add dive lots directly from the library bin like you can with other lots. It would be so much easier than rebuilding every time. Also would like to find a way to reset the underwater treasure chests so they could be used more than once.

Here are a few pics of my BB diving spots. Sorry they're not very good quality.

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    happyjme wrote:
    what about the reservoir in Oasis Landing?

That is a good question!

I forgot about Oasis Landing.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hi lanlyn,

Placing 2 dive lots so I could connect them with the underwater caves was exactly what I wanted to do! The issue of the caves resetting sims to the shore is high on my list of things I think EA should fix. One last patch sure would make me more willing to invest in Sims 4. I had hoped that resetting the caves would not be necessary if I built my own. I read somewhere that as long as the caves had a clear space around them and moveobjects was not used, they would not cause your sim to reset to the shore. Your experiences seem to prove otherwise as the cave in your last picture is clearly in the open, very disappointing. :cry:
    lanlyn wrote:

original.jpg

I really appreciate reading your experiences with placing prebuilt dive lots. I won't waste my time experimenting with that! Your dive lots look great! I would have loved to simply plunk them down in my world. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    RoseRidge wrote:
    I read somewhere that as long as the caves had a clear space around them and moveobjects was not used, they would not cause your sim to reset to the shore. Your experiences seem to prove otherwise as the cave in your last picture is clearly in the open, very disappointing. :cry:
    ... I really appreciate reading your experiences with placing prebuilt dive lots. I won't waste my time experimenting with that! Your dive lots look great! I would have loved to simply plunk them down in my world. :mrgreen:
    That's interesting about the resets needed if the cave is too close to other objects. It might still hold true. I'll have to check that out next lot I build. In my caves I might have gotten things too close--boulders in one, grass in another--though I did try to keep the entrance space clear. Even so, once I did the one reset, I haven't had to do it again. Anyway, worth a shot to place a cave in an open space with no decor nearby. I really don't use "moveobjects on" close to things that are accessible though, so I don't think that was an issue in my case.

The problem I had with placing pre-made dive spots was that they sat too high, with the buoy floating in the air and kelp sticking out of the water. I tried lowering the lot underwater, but it just wasn't cooperating. At first, I thought the problem was that the IP waters were deeper than BB waters. That's why I tried mcrudd's BB dive spot, placing it in the same spot she chose in my own BB. But hers did the same thing as the IP lot. <shrugs>