Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bands in other towns (Gigs)

Has anybody tried to have a band in other towns but Bridgeport?
I remember that I had some trouble with getting gigs there, however my sims got a few.

Now I would like to try and have a band in Starlight Shores or IP, but I'm not sure will it work. Maybe someone already tried to have a band there and could help me.

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited May 2014
    I tried that in Moonlight Falls. I needed to create venues that could host band gigs. Check out the in-game Lessons for how to build band venues and which types of lots work. I thought I did it right by adapting some Late Night venues but my sim's band never got any gigs and eventually all the other members (all NPCs) died of old age.

Another option is to place the Late Night band friendly venues in the neighborhood you play. Again, consult the 2 Lessons on Bands and band venues so you know what to look for.
  • Options
    Jacek83218Jacek83218 Posts: 603 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Thanks
    I know how to build LN venues, I was just wondering if band career isn't tied to Bridgeport "Big City" assigment.
    In game lesson says something about bands getting gigs in Bridgeport venues.
    Maybe it's Bridgeport only profession.
  • Options
    Shogo_YahagiShogo_Yahagi Posts: 838 Member
    edited May 2014
    Jacek83218 wrote:
    Thanks
    I know how to build LN venues, I was just wondering if band career isn't tied to Bridgeport "Big City" assigment.
    In game lesson says something about bands getting gigs in Bridgeport venues.
    Maybe it's Bridgeport only profession.
    It's not Bridgeport only. I built venues for Riverview, formed a band there, and got gigs.
  • Options
    Jacek83218Jacek83218 Posts: 603 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I guess these venues have to be LN venues not Showtime ones?
    I mean lot assignments. It should rather be for example "Local watering hole" than "Live show venue"?
  • Options
    gigi21480gigi21480 Posts: 98 New Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes, whenever my sims get gigs, they're always at a Dive Bar or something. The venue classifications from Showtime won't help you with the kind of gigs you're looking for.