Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's All Think about THIS for a moment...

I was searching the Idea thread today to see if porch swings had become a reality while I was away from my computer and unable to play the game.

While reading the older posts, I was AMAZED by how many requests and ideas for Sim objects have been created by ?"someone"??.

Maybe for just a moment today... we, as players, should think about the ideas/objects we've wanted for our games, and how MANY we now HAVE at our disposal!! I, for one, am very grateful for the work it took to include so many of my requests in the game!

So.......... today, I'm saying, "THANK YOU" to all the people who have worked and created wonderful, beautiful, practical items for this game! You're all geniuses and you all ROCK!!

Since Sims 1, the item I wanted the MOST was the spiral staircase! Everyone said it couldn't be done .... BUT... a true genius made it happen!!! Too bad I don't know who you are, but I'm impressed for the rest of my life that everyone said spiral stairs wouldn't work in the Sims ... and YOU MADE it WORK!! I hope you have the happiest life EVER!! You made me happy with these stairs, and I've enjoyed the game all the more because I have them!

Also, in Sims 1 I created my own neighborhood ... which was a Beach Themed neighborhood, .... and I'm OVERJOYED that we have beach-themed WORLDS now!! FANTASTIC!!

Again... thank you, thank you, thank you! The items I wanted/requested are worth EVERY penny of their price to me!!

Comments

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited April 2014
    You are so absolutely right about this. As much as I whine about NOT having certain things (LONG hair and LONG skirts most notably!) when I look at everything my game has I have to say I am pretty much in AWE of what has been done with this game, bugs and all notwithstanding. Some of the stuff they come up with is sheer genius! And much of it is just downright lovely.

So, Store Team, Copeland, TaterTot and your secret legion of minions that help make all this happen...

THANK YOU! YOU ROCK! YOU REALLY DO! :D
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited April 2014
    This is so very true. I have a good sized wish list but it used to be a LOT larger. The reason it's not is because of the awesomeness that has come our way via the teams that create the product.

Yeah I still have a couple of things I will continue to ask (strongly :lol: ) for until they are in the game. If they are of course. But I think that's kind of the nature of this game as well, we have many simmers asking for a handful of items (different items from simmer to simmer). We all have our wants. But that does not negate the amazing job that has been done to this point.

So thank you! :-)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited April 2014
    In Sims 2, we were really wanting certain changes and they lead with those changes. I believe they will probably lead in Sims 4 with the most requested changes that we had in Sims 3. For better or worse. The fact that the first Sims 4 world is a New Orleans one can attest to that. They do listen to use and try to give us all they can. Example of Sims 2 changes in Sims 3, the burrito baby. Yes, we requested this and it is all our fault. We thought the babies looked too cold laying there in their diapers. Be careful what you wish for, they are listening to us.

I love how the store team fills in the gaps that the EP team left. I cannot thank them enough for all they have added to the game. I spent most of the Sims 3 era with so so feelings about it. It is the Store team that brought my love back to the Sims. A million times, Thanks :)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited April 2014

I love how the store team fills in the gaps that the EP team left. I cannot thank them enough for all they have added to the game. I spent most of the Sims 3 era with so so feelings about it. It is the Store team that brought my love back to the Sims. A million times, Thanks :)

I'd like to add a comment on this specifically. I really felt that when the EPS for IP and ITF were announced that a major gap in game play had been completely left out by not having an OFB EP. It was absolutely mind-boggling crazy that it seemed we would not have open restaurants/open stores/bakeries etc in our games.

But the store team came through for us. Granted the venue and interactions are not as fleshed out as they likely would have been through an OFB EP (going by what Sims 3 OFB was) but the fact we have them at all is a huge thank you to the store team. These three releases (the Bistro the Savvy Seller set and the bakery) are my three favorite store items and quite honestly trump what is in....certain....EPS completely. So I really do thank you for pushing to get us what OFB game play you could Store Gurus. It means a LOT.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    DART104DART104 Posts: 414 Member
    edited April 2014
    It warms my heart that other players appreciate all the work involved in giving us the game enhancers we wanted the most!!

For every positive post in this thread ... there's a Simmer who's just LOVEABLE!!!

GROUP HUG!! :D Wish we could ALL get together and talk "Sims"... :D

Maybe... one day THAT will be possible! :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    DART104 wrote:
    It warms my heart that other players appreciate all the work involved in giving us the game enhancers we wanted the most!!

For every positive post in this thread ... there's a Simmer who's just LOVEABLE!!!

But...but... then I might have to leave my house... When I could be... you know... playing Sims!
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    DART104 wrote:

But...but... then I might have to leave my house... When I could be... you know... playing Sims!
    :twisted: What are you glued to your crazy soap opera life families in your game Amara? :lol:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited April 2014
    Almost everything I ever wanted in simming is in TS3, either expansion/stuff packs or added by the store team geniuses. I am thankful every time I open my game, because it fills me with joy to immerse myself in the sim worlds.

And we still have promises of things to come, that will be just as wonderful, and fulfill even more dreams.

My big THANK YOU goes not only to those still working at EA on TS3, but also to the many people who worked on TS3 but are no longer in that department or who are no longer working for EA.

I love this game -- and it just keeps getting better and better. I never want it to end. :D
  • Options
    DART104DART104 Posts: 414 Member
    edited April 2014
    LOL ... I understand, Amera! I've been addicted to this game myself!

Still, we all need friends outside the game, too. :mrgreen:

I can honestly say I've met some of the nicest people in my life through playing this game! A few I've met in person, and they were OUTSTANDING people as well as players. :)

That's been the difficult part of being a Simmer for me personally, NOT meeting the people who have impressed me (i.e., whoever made the spiral stairs) and others who were helpful and kind to me, and I wanted to return the favor, or just say a heartfelt "Thank You," yet... I wouldn't know them if I saw them on the street. :(

Guess I'm just old-fashioned, but when people are nice, display acts of kindness, and go out of their way to make me happy with this game by working diligently to produce things I want, I just wanna say... THANK YOU... if you ever need a favor, CALL on ME and I'll do whatever I can for you because I DEEPLY appreciate what you've done for me!!
  • Options
    noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited April 2014
    I too would like to add my thanks for the many years that I have now played the Sims. If it wasn't for the Sims at times I am not sure how I would cope with my Illness so THANK YOU :D:D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    DART104 wrote:

:twisted: What are you glued to your crazy soap opera life families in your game Amara? :lol:

Hey they are wayyyy better than most of what is on TV! LOL
  • Options
    hyegalhyegal Posts: 238 Member
    edited April 2014
    noddy wrote:
    I too would like to add my thanks for the many years that I have now played the Sims. If it wasn't for the Sims at times I am not sure how I would cope with my Illness so THANK YOU :D:D

I second this. It's hard to find entertainment you can use during extended illness that's, well, entertaining.
  • Options
    roboticromanticsroboticromantics Posts: 242 Member
    edited April 2014
    The open world.

That. That has been my dream since Sims 1 and 2. To be able to see the world in which they live.

Everything else seems so small in comparison to the creation of the open world when discussing wants.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited April 2014
    This has just made me smile very large - so nice to read other Sim freaks that seem to love this game as much as I do.
    I have had every expansion and stuff pack since it started - I MUST Sim.
    No, haven't forgotten that this is about being thankful for the cool stuff we get to play with - I am and Thanks to all who have made it!