Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What about My Incentive?

"This promotion is no longer applicable to you because you have already purchased SimPoints"

So did they want me to buy more Sim Points? I bought some a month ago, where's my free stuff?

Comments

• Options
    feloo7feloo7 Posts: 27 Member
    edited September 2009
    Yeah! I too am hella p.o.'d about this! I am very low on money and i bought ALLOT of stuff anyway. Plus i bought every single thing since The Sims 1 and what do i get for my loyalty? The middle finger because they dont want my money anymore. They want new blood. I am so close to uninstalling my game so i wont have to go through these DISSAPOINTMENTS anymore!!!!!!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    stargemSM1stargemSM1 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I have to agree. I paid enough for the game...got the CE and all I got for that was a plumbob with a 2 gig flash drive...ok the flash drive was cool, it's holding all my CC from TS2. I used the 'free' (considering how much I paid for the CE) store points but I will not go out and spend my hard earned cash (RL) just to get a few things that should have been included in the base game.

My other pet peeve...I want my creative freedom back!!! Frankly I don't even have the umpf to build houses. Yes it is VERY COOL that we can change the color of just about everything but I want more...thank God for EQ2...there I can kill and create...ROFL
  • Options
    martymcflymartymcfly Posts: 472 Member
    edited September 2009
    Yeah! I too am hella p.o.'d about this! I am very low on money and i bought ALLOT of stuff anyway. Plus i bought every single thing since The Sims 1 and what do i get for my loyalty? The middle finger because they dont want my money anymore. They want new blood. I am so close to uninstalling my game so i wont have to go through these DISSAPOINTMENTS anymore!!!!!!
    I have to agree. I paid enough for the game...got the CE and all I got for that was a plumbob with a 2 gig flash drive...ok the flash drive was cool, it's holding all my CC from TS2. I used the 'free' (considering how much I paid for the CE) store points but I will not go out and spend my hard earned cash (RL) just to get a few things that should have been included in the base game.

My other pet peeve...I want my creative freedom back!!! Frankly I don't even have the umpf to build houses. Yes it is VERY COOL that we can change the color of just about everything but I want more...thank God for EQ2...there I can kill and create...ROFL

"This promotion is no longer applicable to you because you have already purchased SimPoints"

So did they want me to buy more Sim Points? I bought some a month ago, where's my free stuff?
    You can't get those items if you've already purchased SimPoints. If it is your very first time getting SimPoints, you can get those items. Which is total bull. ****** me off, that I've boughten SimPoints since June, and I can't get a free item.
    When are EA going to start rewarding their customers for loyalty instead of trying to entice someone like me who has spent up her free simpoints and has no intention of ever buying from the store?

When this happens:
    Hell%20Freezes%20over%200001.jpg

And I see the forum is still screwed up.

• Options
    JamelithJamelith Posts: 51 New Member
    edited September 2009
    If it had been get free item with a bundle... I'd be buying enough to get one of each.

I'm stunned by how of EA's can turn what should be a money maker into something that creates a negative incentive to buy.
  • Options
    LawertendLawertend Posts: 5,144 New Member
    edited September 2009
    You can't get those items if you've already purchased SimPoints. If it is your very first time getting SimPoints, you can get those items. Which is total bull. Pisses me off, that I've boughten SimPoints since June, and I can't get a free item.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited September 2009
    When are EA going to start rewarding their customers for loyalty instead of trying to entice someone like me who has spent up her free simpoints and has no intention of ever buying from the store?
  • Options
    Sarah999Sarah999 Posts: 159 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I've just seen this and I'm so annoyed. As others have said, they've missed a vital point here - I have already purchased SimPoints so I am far far more likely to buy more with this incentive than someone who hasn't bought any at all. At the moment, I'm refusing to purchase more because of this.

How about a loyalty bonus EA?
  • Options
    azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    edited September 2009
    Even I'm surprised at the stupidity of this move by EA. Why not use the stuff to get people to buy even more points instead of ******* off those who already bought points and thus are your best customers? Any thinking person would have given the new stuff away with any NEW purchase of Sim Points regardless if you have purchased before or not. From EA's point of view, what does it matter if you've already purchased just as long as you purchase again? Isn't that what they want?

Pretty shocking the incompetence of management here, there's no doubt that management came up with the idea and details, the person who signed off should be embarrassed. Even worse, none of the lower employees felt comfortable enough to raise concerns or suggest what I just did above. Bad workplace environment, people are just going through the motions and trying to cover their own ***** instead of excelling. No wonder EA is losing money even with their hit games.
  • Options
    odetteodette Posts: 8 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    You can't get those items if you've already purchased SimPoints. If it is your very first time getting SimPoints, you can get those items. Which is total bull. Pisses me off, that I've boughten SimPoints since June, and I can't get a free item.

This is one big slap on the face of those who have purchase points all along. I cannot believe that they are not going to include us in this as a reward.

Hello EA: I go shopping at the grocery store and the more I purchase food at that store the more discount I get on promotions. Please get your act together, how is this a win-win situation for ALL of your customers? So you have lured new customers in with this incentive but now how are you going to keep them buying? Are you thinking that the items themselves are so enticing? Ohhh yeah cause that Victorian Swimwear for men this just so hot... c'mon