Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Klepto/Dumpster Diver

I made a sim that is a Klepto and she loves dumpster diving. I set her in the town of Roaring Heights. I am not too fond of this world. It is kinda of blah.

Any suggestions on what town might be good for her.
One with a lot of dumpsters.(I tried adding more but couldn't find them in town edit).

One that is more compact with more stuff in it.

I might even consider buying the town if I don't already own it, if it is highly recommended.

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited March 2014
    You can find dumpsters in buy mode/ miscellaneous decor. I always put out more behind stores, in parks,restaurants and usually other rabbit holes.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    edited March 2014
    You can find dumpsters in buy mode/ miscellaneous decor. I always put out more behind stores, in parks,restaurants and usually other rabbit holes.

In town edit? Where the decorations are?

Or do I have go directly to that lot in buy mode?
  • Options
    StefferCStefferC Posts: 102 New Member
    edited March 2014
    You can download my town from the exchange. It's not perfect but it is compact and has several dumpsters.

It's called Old Redfordtown. There's no CC and it's mostly base game stuff so it's a small download compared to other worlds and she can dumpster dive to her heart's content.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8120775
  • Options
    drgnfly30drgnfly30 Posts: 142 Member
    edited March 2014
    In town edit you can use the build function and click on a community lot. From there you are able to add more dumpsters to which lot you choose as long as it has room for the dumpster and the sim.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited March 2014
    tomchan0 wrote:

In town edit? Where the decorations are?

Or do I have go directly to that lot in buy mode?

Go to town edit,select your lot for build/buy, go to decor/miscellaneous decor and you'll find dumpsters. You can put them on both commercial and residential lots.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    StefferCStefferC Posts: 102 New Member
    edited March 2014
    ...or you can just add more dumpsters, per the suggestions above.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2014
    Bridgeport has quite a few dumpsters that can keep your sim busy most of the day. There are something like 4 behind the theater, including a grave stone. There is at least 3 or 4 between Waylon's Haunt and the criminal building. There are several others but I can't think of where at the moment. All I know that once I had a sim and that was her job, collecting things from the dumpsters.
  • Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    edited March 2014
    LaBlue0314 wrote:
    Bridgeport has quite a few dumpsters that can keep your sim busy most of the day. There are something like 4 behind the theater, including a grave stone. There is at least 3 or 4 between Waylon's Haunt and the criminal building. There are several others but I can't think of where at the moment. All I know that once I had a sim and that was her job, collecting things from the dumpsters.

This is exactly what I did. I moved her to Bridgeport.

Thanks everyone. It wasn't just about the dumpsters with Roaring Heights. I just found the whole town kind of blah.