Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deciding on the EPs

So I'm a cheap person and I only buy the expansion packs if they are 1/2 off or more. like I don't think I ever spend the full price on any of them. I currently have ambitions, generations, showtime,pets,seasons, university life and island paradise. I already decided that supernatural is going be my next one, whether I get it for Easter or end up buying it. I was just wondering if Late night, world adventure and into the future are worth buying?

Comments

• Options
    ShadeDaystarShadeDaystar Posts: 995 Member
    edited March 2014
    It depends on how you play.

World Adventures has Nectar Making, Martial Arts, Photography, Mummies, Chinese-inspired design, vacation adventures, puzzle-based tombs, relic collections, new traits.

Late Night has celebrity status, a Film-based career, a city-style neighborhood, Mixology, bands, several different types of bars/lounges, and plasma fruit for vegetarian vampires (vampires also come with Supernatural).

Into the Future has 3 distinct versions of a future world, lottery tickets, advanced technology, plumb-bots..

I've long held the belief that if you find just one thing you like about an expansion/stuff pack, it's worth getting. Naturally, the more things you like about it, the more worth it it is.
  • Options
    dodow1234dodow1234 Posts: 124 New Member
    edited March 2014
    You can also find the review of those said ep at youtube, see if any of those appealing to you
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited March 2014
    I don't have ITF but between World Adventures and Late Night I like WA better. I only just bought it in Feb (as part of the expansion bundle which itself was on sale at 50% off on Origin). I like the vacations and exploring the tombs. That might get boring after I do it once though, but I'm not there yet.

I do like the nectar making and the martial arts skills. Not big on photography. I like collecting the relics. WA is not noticeably laggy for me (but I use the world versions with routing fixes from modthesims) and I use NRaas Traveler.

I've had Late Night longer. Bridgeport can get laggy but playing in a city is fun. There are a lot of things I like about Late Night, but 2 of the main features, the Celebrity system and the club VIP system, I grew to hate. I opt every family out of the Celebrity system now and will get rid of the bouncers/VIP restrictions in the lounges and clubs if I ever play a new sim in Bridgeport again. My personal bias on Late Night is that it has the lowest pro's to con's ratio of the EPs I currently have.

That said, I got it off Steam on a Christmas day sale for $8 so I still don't regret buying it. It's just my least favorite despite that some of it I like quite a bit. I have nice memories of my alien YA sim starting off in Bridgeport, writing by day, part time test subject in the evening, and dancing at The Grind all night for most of his YA life stage. The Grind is one of the few clubs in Bridgeport without bouncers and it's right next to the science facility. Fun times. I still play his family from time to time in the celebrity hills of Bridgeport.