Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbot Lifetime happiness

My plumbot has very very limited lifetime happinesses popping up. It's always : "Travel to the Present" and Lifetime Wish options (the ones surrounded in golden contour) and she has already attained Lifetime wish "Living in lap of luxury"... anyone know what's going on? Is it trait-chip dependent? Is it a glitch?..

Comments

• Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited March 2014
    That's no glitch. Plumbots are supposed to be machines and those usually have no wishes. It might be different with the sentience chip but I don't know because I want my Plumbots to keep being machines. You know I played with Simbots (not Plumbots) before and they have always been an annoyance. They turned up the stereo in the middle of the night, they occupied the computer and they always watched TV but they were not very efficient with the chores, gardening and repairs. That has changed with Plumbots for the better but only as long as they are not equipped with any socializing trait chip.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    MichabeanMichabean Posts: 452 Member
    edited March 2014
    I totally agree. Lots of problems with simbots. In this case though I'm trying to do the opposite and make her as human as possible even if it's to the detriment of efficiency and chores. She has :

Office Drone
    Simulated Emotions
    Solar Powered
    Efficient
    Holo Projector
    Limitless Learning
    Sentience

And the lifetime happiness options are very limited even with the sentient chip. I'm going to replace some of the less relevant ones with other emotion/social-related chips see what happens but if others have already experienced with some of them and seen a difference in lifetime happiness options I'm all ears.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited March 2014
    Most of the lifetime wishes derive from certain character traits but Plumbots don't have any.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited March 2014
    My current plumbot has something like 30,000 lifetime happiness points after 7 weeks, solely from fulfilling locked wishes, without Sentience or any of the social chips. So, they do roll wishes, only not that often. In the beginning it was wishes like "Scan (Target)" or "Fly Around", but as soon as I had it learn Bot Building the bigger wishes started to roll in, mostly related to that skill. But quite often after recharging in the charging station it starts to roll wishes to visit some venue, watch a movie or see a concert.
    I think the wishes they roll depend on what you have them do and also on what wishes were promised before and then fulfilled. During one visit to the future I had my previous bot excavate the dig sites and it regularly rolled the wish to find key parts and then enter the wrecked space ship. After a while it began to also roll wishes to visit the Wasteland and then, once there, again to find key parts and then enter the ship.
  • Options
    MichabeanMichabean Posts: 452 Member
    edited March 2014
    Simple glitch I guess. I just reinitiated that household by adding it to a new world and dind't change any chips. There are much more options rolling now