Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Export world manually?

Can you export the world in the game manually like you can install it manually??

I can't get it exported, and i try all day (here it is 8pm)

So i wonder if there is a way, so i can play my world..

It succeded once, but had to make some changes in my world, and now im stuck at this point again.. :(

Hope someone have a idea :)

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hi :)

It did export once?... What have you changed in your game save files since then? Did you uninstall some Store Stuff? Did you redo your Save folder?

Something has changed since then besides what you edited in the world...

• Options
    SimNajaSimNaja Posts: 429 Member
    edited December 2012
    Yeah i did, but since i can't EIG i had to install the world and see if it was okay. I decided to go back to CAW and delete some lots that i didn't wanna use in the game.

And now that i made the changes i wanne export and install the world again, but it keep telling me that the exporting failed.

I didn't uninstall store stuff, but i deleted some old savings of the world in caw, but that was old one.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    When you said you decided to go back to CAW... you opened the same world files that you made to export it the first time? The same files... then edited them?

Can you open the world files in CAW still or are you only trying to export them...

I know these might seem like dumb questions but I'm trying to help figure out what is going wrong, not trying to aggravate you with all these silly questions. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Thats okay :) Im glad you wanna help :)

Ehm, I have a lot of save files and when i am done editing i am making a save file called done or my world or something, and it is this worldfile i add a descibtion, photo and name to. Then i allways have a "base save file" i can go back and edit in. And it is this savefile i went back and editing in.

But then i made 3-4 different savefiles i tried to export from, because i hoped it maybe was the file that was causing problems.

I can still open my save files, all of them. Just can't export them.
    But i guess i am not the only one with these problems??

Does it make sense???
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Ah, so you were only able to export your world before this latest update of the game/Caw?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    The most frustrating is that i exported the "old" world yesterday. But because of these changes i have to do it again. Yesterday i also had a lot of trouble exporting, but suddently it succeded.

Also all the trouble with EIG, sometimes i am lucky and it succed to get throug in EIG.

So do i just have to keep trying exporting?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Oh. So, it's not like it won't just that it takes a few tries? With the same save file?

I'd just keep trying. Good luck. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Oh. So, it's not like it won't just that it takes a few tries? With the same save file?

I'd just keep trying. Good luck. :D

It takes A LOT of tries :( I have been trying all day :(

But i hope it succed again.. And if anyone knows if i can do it manually, i would be HAPPY :)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I haven't heard of there being one file in CAW that you can change to make it usable in game. CAW has to package/export the files together to make it usable... then the game has to install it.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    All these problems started after i installed seasons. I haven't played the sims yet, because i just have formatted my computer and when i got seasons i installed all the sims games agian.

If i uninstall it all and install it again without updating the latest patch, could I then use caw without all the problems??
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    It's very hard to go back. I've heard it can be done though. You'll have to update each expansion and stuff from old updates and doing it isn't always a guarantee the game/caw will work. It's a lot of expansions/stuffs. Plus if you used any Store items- they will need their corresponding Store update. I'm not sure how that works- if there are old Store updates. :)

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Okay.. I will give it a last try tomorrow and hope for the best, but now i will go to bed.

Thank you SO MUCH for helping me, even though we didn't find a solution.

Thanks anyway..
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Sorry I'm not much help.

When you went back to an older save in CAW- did you save it to a new name- No give the world a new name, just used the Save as to save it to a new name?

What is the new name?

Can you still export the older save?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Rflong7 wrote:
    Sorry I'm not much help.

When you went back to an older save in CAW- did you save it to a new name- No give the world a new name, just used the Save as to save it to a new name?

What is the new name?

Can you still export the older save?

I did both. Saved it in the old name, but when that didn't succed I saved in a new name.

I saved it in many names - and i deleted a lot of them when i saved in a new name.

Now i went back to one of the old saves, and tried again. Still wont export.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I just tried to export the base game of Sunset valley in caw. And with no problem it said: Exporting succed.
    Then i tried the same with riverview, and again it said: exporting succeded.

Then i tried with my world and again: exporting failed.. BUT WHY? I am starting to believe that is something in my game..
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    OKAY!!

I reinstalled ALL of my games except seasons.

EIG still don't work, but i installed my world in the game without any problems :):):)
  • Options
    ChocolotiChocoloti Posts: 328 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I put one of the worlds I already have in CAW to add a couple roads and now it won't export back in the game. Can I just move the 'world' file and object and sims pkg files into the game? Will it override the old version with my new changes?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Hi Chocoloti :)

No, you can't move those files into the game.

You have to export the world to install it. What message is it giving you?

Isn't this information at the same place you got the information on how to open an installed world?

• Options
    ChocolotiChocoloti Posts: 328 New Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm getting a "failed" import. I've tried to rename the files and nothing works. I'll have to find another world to play around with.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Chocoloti wrote:
    I'm getting a "failed" import. I've tried to rename the files and nothing works. I'll have to find another world to play around with.

Did you have the CAW files of the world or did you open it with S3pe?