Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Town Life won't open after pushing play in launcher!!

I recently downloaded and installed the anniversary promo for Town Life Stuff. I had to do the manual patch and still nothing. When I click on the Town Life icon on my desktop the launcher will open, but nothing happens after I push the play button!!!! Not sure of what else there is to do. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also when the launcher opens its says couldn't connect to EA download manager. What does that mean?!!!!

Also I can't get my Sims 3 to open. The launcher will pop up, but nothing happens!!! I might be having a slow moment, but I really need help!!! Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I uninstalled everything (I think)and re-installed everything. Please Help!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    KatareinaKatareina Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    I am having the exact same problem. I also have supernatural though, and when I install that I have the exact same problem. I have windows 8.1 64bit. Needless to say, Im upset. I went on live chat with an EA adviser and all they told me to do was everything that I had already tried and found on the internet. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what is wrong. Its getting extremely frustrating.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited February 2014
    When I go to play I click on seasons icon since that is the last ep I installed. Don't click on town life, click on the last ep you installed.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited February 2014
    Kamb64 wrote:
    When I go to play I click on seasons icon since that is the last ep I installed. Don't click on town life, click on the last ep you installed.

You're on the right track, but it's not the last installed - it's the most recent release. :wink:
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    2classy832classy83 Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    It still won't work!! :( My Sims 3 worked fine before the install of the Town Life Stuff. Now it won't work at all. The launcher still comes up but nothing happens after clicking the play button.

Kamb64 are you talking about the icons at the bottom of the launcher?
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2014
    The icons along the bottom of the launcher just tell you what you have installed (if they are highlighted).

Do you only have the base game and Town Life installed?

Another thing you can try is to start the game by bypassing the launcher:
    Computer > Local Disk (C: ) > Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff (if this is the most recent release you have installed) > Game > Bin > TS3SP04
    I always bypass the launcher because I had issues with trying to start my game a while ago. Try to be patient, because just like trying to go through the launcher, it can still take a couple of minutes for your computer to launch the game.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif