Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everyday I discover something new!

So, I am a sims 3 player since the day it was released and still I discover new things almost everytime I play. A new moodlet here, a new interaction there. Yesterday I had my sim teach his dog every possible trick and then I got a new interaction called "Trick Exhibition". I clicked it to see what it was about and I found out that you can have your dog perform tricks for money! It's like playing guitar in the park or something! I was really happy about it and I think my sim will become a dog trainer after all! :D:D:D

Comments

• Options
    shideh357shideh357 Posts: 866 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm sort of new to pets... you can teach your pets tricks? I know that was an option on the Sims 2 but I haven't noticed it in the Sims 3 :shock:
  • Options
    blackrose151515blackrose151515 Posts: 31 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, you can teach your pets tricks like sit, play dead and such. But I thought that was it, you can't really use that somehow. So I never bothered to actually teach them something until now :oops: And when I did, I got the new interaction! :D
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited February 2014
    I love when you discover some previously unknown little thing.

I had an (attempted) burglary the other day and I discovered that you can set the burglar free. I don't think there was any benefit really. Just a pop up of the policewoman telling me off and the would-be thief thanking me. Still, I never knew that was there.
  • Options
    DijanaMenatasDijanaMenatas Posts: 624 Member
    edited February 2014
    Yesterday I had my sim teach his dog every possible trick and then I got a new interaction called "Trick Exhibition". I clicked it to see what it was about and I found out that you can have your dog perform tricks for money! It's like playing guitar in the park or something! I was really happy about it and I think my sim will become a dog trainer after all! :D:D:D

I did not know this!
  • Options
    kmsim15kmsim15 Posts: 1,552 Member
    edited February 2014
    I didn't know that there was any benefit to teaching your dog all the tricks either! I really need to play with pets in this game a lot more.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm new to pets too, but I learned with my first game that there's an event at the dog park to give dog owners a cash reward for having their dog perform tricks. They can't use the exhibition option, they have to command the dog to do each trick individually.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited February 2014
    Wow, did not know that. Usually I just have horses as pets in my games but now I've got to give the dogs a whirl.

I just learned the other day, by watching townies, that you can invite a dog up in your lap and tickle and scratch his belly. :shock: Having dogs in the game just got a whole lot more interesting. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    turistas9turistas9 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited February 2014
    im just getting back into pets and i just learned that your dog brings the newspaper to you. im sure in no time ill have her doing tricks for money lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Personally, I am a huge dog lover so I always end up adopting a dog... But as most of you say, I didn't really think there was anything rewarding for teaching your dogs tricks :P So it's very nice to see that EA bothered to add this little detail to our play style!
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited February 2014
    Have any of you had your sim take a pet to the pet show? You can get a lot of money if they win it. The funny thing about it is that the pet never goes inside the rabbithole building where the so-called pet show is. Mine even got into a fight with a raccoon while his human was inside, and got fleas from the raccoon. But he still won the pet show.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, actually the pet show was the reason I had my sim teach the dog all the available tricks. I wanted to check how much money you earn if you are the best in the show :P And yes my pet was waiting for me outside of the building, following around a werewolf while I was inside performing....tricks....with him... :roll: :roll:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Here's something random I just now discovered

Screenshot-7_zpsadb525d4.jpg

Doesnt affect gameplay in any way but I just looked up in the sky and saw this flying over my sim's house, didn't even know you could see planes flying overhead
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited February 2014

... I just looked up in the sky and saw this flying over my sim's house, didn't even know you could see planes flying overhead

:shock:
  • Options
    FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited February 2014

Doesnt affect gameplay in any way but I just looked up in the sky and saw this flying over my sim's house, didn't even know you could see planes flying overhead

Someone's going travelling! :D

This is actually an effect placed in the world data, you can often see birds flying around, and hot air balloons too. It all depends on the town you're in :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yeah I was aware it was an effect, I've seen birds and balloons and such plenty of times, just never seen a plane or something up that high
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I don't think I ever look at the sky xD
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited February 2014

Awesome! :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.