Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddler aging up to Child - Help!

Hi,

I'm trying to age up my toddler to a child but I currently have aging turned off, as I dont want all my neighbourhood aging and dying, and I dont really want to turn it back on. I've tried using the birthday cake, though when I click on the cake it is only the parents that can blow out the candles, not the toddler.

I thought that the birthday cake could be used any time to age a sim up - am I mistaken?

Comments

• Options
    mooncheifmooncheif Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited July 2009
    turn aging on for 1 day, then turn it of, it should show up the next day.
  • Options
    nicegirl12315nicegirl12315 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Well yes the birthday cake should work and if is not working go to the toddler's simolody and see how many days are until aging up.
  • Options
    KarazaraKarazara Posts: 764 New Member
    edited July 2009
    jo_souter wrote:
    Hi,

I'm trying to age up my toddler to a child but I currently have aging turned off, as I dont want all my neighbourhood aging and dying, and I dont really want to turn it back on. I've tried using the birthday cake, though when I click on the cake it is only the parents that can blow out the candles, not the toddler.

I thought that the birthday cake could be used any time to age a sim up - am I mistaken?

The cake can be used one per day per sim (a given sim can't be aged up more often than once a day) on anyone on the home lot, including guests that aren't part of the household (however you can't age up sims that aren't part of the household unless they are guests at a birthday party you're throwing on your home lot).

Babies and toddlers often have problems getting to the cake; if you want to use it on a baby or a toddler, suggest having a sim pick him up first, walk them near the cake, then blow out the candles.

Also, the person being aged up does not have to be the same person who clicks on the cake. When you click on the cake to age someone up, you are given the option to pick who ages up. Babies and toddlers can't click on the cake, but a child or older can click on the cake and pick someone else to age up (so you have to make a child or up active, have them click on the cake, then select the baby or toddler).

P.S. There is a slight risk that the cake might catch fire! So be sure there's a fire alarm in the room you're blowing out the candles in. Putting the cake outside might not be a bad idea.
  • Options
    RovieRovie Posts: 34 Member
    edited September 2009
    I have seen this question all over the place on the interwebs and I don't see an answer that works for me other than to enable cheating.

I have had aging turned off for the entire game. I have successfully aged my young adult sims to adult, my two baby sims to toddlers and even some of the people in town by throwing them birthday parties.

I can't age my toddler to a child with the birthday cake. The kid has been a toddler for several weeks now and has learned all skills. His baby sister is almost caught up to him and I need to age him.

I throw a birthday party and pick him up and hold him right next to the cake. I have the option to blow out the candles for the adults in the house as well as the guests at the party, but not him. What is the deal. Please don't tell me how to do the cheats because that isn't how the game was designed.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SketchElderSketchElder Posts: 3,517 New Member
    edited September 2009
    You are playing with aging off so your Sims don't age.
    Sims have to age at least one day in between birthday cakes.
    Your Sim already used a birthday cake to become a Toddler and he hasn't aged since then.
    He still has to age at least one day before he can use another birthday cake.
    You can either turn on aging for one day and use the birthday cake or leave aging off and use cheats.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited September 2009
    Hey guys, I had this problem a while back...I have found that the only way to age the kid up is the cheating way. I KNOW, it sux but desperate times call for desperate measures and if you want your child to age up, this is what you gotta do:
    CTRL SHIFT C (get cheat window) Type....testingCheatsenabled true...exactly like that, then hit ENTER.
    Then go to that sim and shift click him and hit "Trigger age Transition" and he will then age up. You can still have a birthday party for him just make sure you use that way to age him up while all the guests are still there.
    Trust me, if you have more kids to age(and aging is still off), this will not be the only time you have to use this cheat...Hope that helps!