Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

art studio

hi, I just bought the art studio venue and it's beautiful! but there's a major bug... I can't use the glass blowing station! Someone else have the same problem? I'm desapointed! :?

Comments

• Options
    ScaperClaudiaScaperClaudia Posts: 102 Member
    edited February 2014
    I tried having my sim use it, and she did it partway but then she just stopped making the jewelry! Very disappointed too.
  • Options
    0110933580701109335807 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited February 2014
    It doesn't work in my game either :/ Anyone knows how to fix this?
  • Options
    Mhamilton0911Mhamilton0911 Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited February 2014
    Bummer, so it's not just me.... I can't use the glass blowing station either. Is everyone fully patched? to 1.67?
  • Options
    vallysummer84vallysummer84 Posts: 57 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Yes I hâve donne every up date
  • Options
    Mhamilton0911Mhamilton0911 Posts: 2,220 Member
    edited February 2014
    Yes I hâve donne every up date

well, i haven't updated, so i was trying to rule that out for my problem.
    I tried to save, quit. I deleted appropriate cache files and restarted the game to see if that helps, but no. Still attempts to make something, gets halfway done, and then the rod disappears and no product is made!

Bummer, I need to make things :cry:
  • Options
    tinaflennertinaflenner Posts: 49 Member
    edited February 2014
    :( I'm so disapointed, It wont work for me either, my game is up to date, no cc installed. Hopefully it will be fixed soon
  • Options
    jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited February 2014
    It's not working for me either.

I thought I was doing something wrong so I watched an overview video to see if they would show me what to do.
    The very same thing happens to him at 7:46 but he is unaware it isn't working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nNUBFJDQI

Are we missing something?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting and taking out downloaded content I checked with custard and still not one pretty bracelet. any help would be appreciated!
    Moonstone.jpg

• Options
    Scarletraven81Scarletraven81 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I am having the exact same problem you all are having.

Bummer... I was looking forward to this all day.
  • Options
    simka72simka72 Posts: 98 Member
    edited February 2014
    Doesn't work for me either.
    Very disappointing.
    EA should look into this, we paid Money for it!
  • Options
    hannah2244hannah2244 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited February 2014
    This is really frustrating, doesnt work for me either, why ask money then give us something that doesnt work!! anyone figured it out yet x
  • Options
    AmbaAestheticAmbaAesthetic Posts: 955 Member
    edited February 2014
    Exactly the same thing happening, I am now in the process of talking to a ea customer service person will update soon
    Back after a 5year break away.
    I mainly build. I don't use CC just 'moveobjects'.
    Was mainly known on the good old sims 3 forums.

• Options
    sarahmarie13sarahmarie13 Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Any update yet?
  • Options
    MeteoraStormMeteoraStorm Posts: 243 Member
    edited February 2014
    I have tried too and this doesn't work for me either. Same issue as everyone else!
  • Options
    mnevin25mnevin25 Posts: 466 Member
    edited February 2014
    Not able to use it. I thought it was suppose to come with Artisan as a new skill? Also why can't we sell these items at a store?
  • Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited February 2014
    jennytru wrote:
    It's not working for me either.

I thought I was doing something wrong so I watched an overview video to see if they would show me what to do.
    The very same thing happens to him at 7:46 but he is unaware it isn't working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nNUBFJDQI

Are we missing something?

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and restarting and taking out downloaded content I checked with custard and still not one pretty bracelet. any help would be appreciated!

What happens in the youtube video is exactly what happens to me. My sim gets the pole, puts it in the oven, then dips it in the 3 colors, puts it back into the oven and the stick disappears and nothing happens. It's really ******* me off! I spent $20 REAL DOLLARS to buy this! They better fix this!
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited February 2014
    You all may wish to check out this thread for fixes and ideas:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/739065.page

As an FYI, I had not updated the last two patches and yet had no issue at all using the glassblowing station. As easy as it is to blame EA (and believe me, I blame them for MANY things! lol) if only some people are experiencing a particular problem and other people are doing just fine and not experiencing problems then the problem is likely not on EA's end (for once).
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I have removed a skills gain mod from my game, deleted the caches, and I can now use the glass blowing station.

I will just have to wait until the skills gain mod catches up with the new store content.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Double post - sorry!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited February 2014
    I have no problems and my Sim made a glass screen in double quick time.

I have no mods though other than NRass decensor mod.
  • Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited February 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    You all may wish to check out this thread for fixes and ideas:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/739065.page

As an FYI, I had not updated the last two patches and yet had no issue at all using the glassblowing station. As easy as it is to blame EA (and believe me, I blame them for MANY things! lol) if only some people are experiencing a particular problem and other people are doing just fine and not experiencing problems then the problem is likely not on EA's end (for once).

Thank you for the link. I've dumped my caches, downloaded and installed a new ccmerge file, uninstalled/redownloaded and reinstalled the art studio and it still doesn't work :-/ I have never used mods and have no CC. Oh and unfortunately for me, I updated with both new patches. Now what? <sigh>
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    KelsKels1989KelsKels1989 Posts: 4
    edited February 2014
    Mine isn't working either. My Sims won't go into the art studio. Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem? The glassblowing station worked when I placed it in my Sim's home, but they cannot travel to the studio. I'm so disappointed. Help please.
  • Options
    StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited February 2014
    I am so sorry you are having trouble, I guess I'm lucky, I haven't had that problem. But, after installing I decided to try another town, Aurora Sky, which I have had trouble with after installing Island Paradise. I wanted to try the new venue with new sim. Everything was working fine until Sim went to the art studio. No problems. Then he went home to paint. After that nothing worked. I wanted to put a basement on the lot, but I couldn't put stairs, elevator, ladders, or shoot. I couldn't hang pictures on walls, I couldn't put the glass oven in the basement, or on the ground outside. I decided to move him to an empty lot and build and have had no other problems. Try moving the venue, or your sim's house (even if you move to the same lot) and see if that has any effect. I have been experimenting with the constrainfloorelevation cheat and have had problems with my game after using it even if I turn it off. Its the same type of problems I described above. The house my sim was living in did not have any visual adjustments for this cheat, but when I tried to put in stairs to the basement I got the message that you cant put stairs thru foundation, the house was on the ground. My point after all the words, sometimes I think the adjustments that were put into making the new venue don't sit well with the cheats that were used to make the town. If you "shake" things a little, things align themselves and go working.

7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • Options
    redmouse6redmouse6 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't have any mods in my game, have the latest patch installed and the glass blowing station doesn't work. I tried it in all different towns, with and without the cheats enabled. STILL doesn't work. Will there be a fix for this?