Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Charged on my Credit Card but got no points!

I just purchased points using my credit card and was charged double because I wasn't able to "purchase" to continue the process once I clicked on it. I thought it wasn't going through so I clicked on "Purchase" again. WTHeck?

I read the "Agreement" but there also was no "box" to check if that is what held the process of charging up.

I DID want to buy items on at the EA store but will now go get things free since I am unable to do so!

Not at all happy!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited February 2014
    You should contact customer service.
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    HenwenHenwen Posts: 188 Member
    edited February 2014
    That will probably be another difficult thing to get done.
    Why is EA so user unfriendly and impossible?
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited February 2014
    It's actually really easy. Go to here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ then log in. Start a new conversation. Select The Sims 3, click next, select your platform, click next and then select a topic and give them a blurb about it. Click next. Then have them call you. They'll call you within an hour, and the phone folks are super helpful. Whenever I've had them call me, they've called within 5 min, but I know for other simmers it's taken a little longer.
  • Options
    WeealbetWeealbet Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited February 2014
    Have you tried logging out and back in?
  • Options
    moongoddess32moongoddess32 Posts: 351 Member
    edited February 2014
    this happened to me yesterday but i got the points but i only wanted to get one bundle i called right away doing what tamalinn said and they r going to fix everything
  • Options
    HenwenHenwen Posts: 188 Member
    edited February 2014
    tamalinn wrote:
    It's actually really easy. Go to here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ then log in. Start a new conversation. Select The Sims 3, click next, select your platform, click next and then select a topic and give them a blurb about it. Click next. Then have them call you. They'll call you within an hour, and the phone folks are super helpful. Whenever I've had them call me, they've called within 5 min, but I know for other simmers it's taken a little longer.

As I was responding to your helpful comment, after going through your directions - EA support called! Very quickly within seconds. I was on hold for awhile, but the guy needed to check this all out. It seems something went wrong with the new Visa card I used which I had only used once before for Christmas pressies and worked without a problem - no balance on this one. It may be that it needs to be approved. They go through other EA channels with card info. The guy I talked to was very nice and helpful and told me it will be a day before he emails back.
    At any rate he did give me some points to buy things with until this is straightened out.
    I should have known a new card would hang me up.

Thanks for your help and your link. I have copied your link on a notepad too just in case.
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited February 2014
    Yay, I'm glad it worked! I've been unimpressed with the online help people, but I think the phone folks are GREAT. EA gets a lot of flack for its customer service, and I think that on the grand scale, it's pretty crappy. But on an individual level, the CSRs are really patient and helpful.
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited February 2014
    Like all big companies, customer service depends entirely upon who you talk to you. Some people are great and others are just awful.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin