Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Butler Troubles

Okay... So, I finally hired a butler in my game. XD

The first butler I hired died trying to repair the hot tub. :roll:

So, I hired another butler, Douglas. After befriending him and what-not, he and my sim, Joel, became boyfriends. After that, weird things started to happen with Douglas. After I woohooed with him, he seemed to quit or something.. The game acted as if I didn't have a butler. It didn't give me a notice or anything, but when I called for services, "Butler" was available as if I didn't already have on.. And I was able to hire a different one. Douglas stayed at my house for a day or two, though, but was like a guest, not a butler... He was friends with all the sims in my household, so it wan't because he was unhappy or anything... ..Anyway, I wanted him to be my butler, so I kept hiring and firing people until I got him back. XD

Douglas kept quitting on me without any notice, so I finally just gave up and didn't have a butler. -__-

I'm kind of suspecting that it might have had something to do with my sim woohooing with him that caused the confusion... So, has anyone else been able to have a relationship with the butler and have him continue to be the butler? Is anyone else's butlers mysteriously quitting without any notification? o.0

Comments

• Options
    AKAY410AKAY410 Posts: 97
    edited December 2010
    yup! your butler said forget that, i dont wanna be your boyfriend and clean your house! lol that would be cool tho,
  • Options
    cannibaleyescannibaleyes Posts: 350 New Member
    edited December 2010
    AKAY410 wrote:
    yup! your butler said forget that, i dont wanna be your boyfriend and clean your house! lol that would be cool tho,
    LOL! Yeah, that's pretty much what happened. Guess he thought he was just more part of the family than a butler.. XD
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited December 2010
    My sim got involved with her butler, and after woohoo in the elevator things were still fine. When they woohooed in the bed, things went strange. Every morning I had to reassign the butler's bed or he'd take off as soon as he got sleepy. It was hard work keeping an eye on him, but I managed and then finally my sim married him--which solved the problem :wink:

I haven't tried since the latest patch though--perhaps the butler problems are resolved now?
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    lilmisfit1987lilmisfit1987 Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited December 2010
    I didn't have the butler problems that most people talked about until this last patch. Now my butlers last for about a sim week or a little more and then they just leave. I have to keep rehiring a different butler every time I noticed they were gone. I got sick of it after awhile and not I just hired a maid and a baby sister when needed.

Also a thing that annoyed me is they kept stealing my books! Mostly the toddlers books. They would pick up a book and try to read to a toddler, then they would put the book in the inventory and when they suddenly quit without notice take them with them. Argh!
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited December 2010
    Every time the butler gets in any bed but the one you assinged to them, it comes unassigned and you have to reassing it or they leave since no bed to a butler = no home. think of the bed as thier house, it is basically that to them. Now if you are going to woohoo with them, fine, but assign the double bed as thiers and just have your sim sleep in it too.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    kisarinnykisarinny Posts: 14 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I've got a different kind of butler trouble.
    Everything was going great - my girl sim befriended him and then the day she had her twins, he just vanished.
    So I tried to rehire a butler but it was like I already had one on though I can't find him and when I first hired him, there would be a little house symbol in the corner of his picture in the relationship panel.

I assigned him a bed and everything! It wasn't like I was mistreating the guy - heck the only thing he ever really had to do was like one load of laundry a day lol. But he's no where to be found and his bed is still assigned to him.

Anyone know what's going on?
  • Options
    kisarinnykisarinny Posts: 14 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Just ignore this one ...
    Somehow I ended up posting it twice =/
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited January 2011
    :D Whats up with all the sexual harassment of Butlers!? :)

- Well im happy to hear your stories. - I have a sim, kind of a B character in a household of mine, and he started flirting and kissing the butler, and i let him cause i dont spend much time on him :) So I thought he could spend some time with her, but think i should not let it go any further, cause she is actually a well working Butler!

I'v had a lot of different experiences with them, good and bad, but never took it in this direction before, and when you have a hard working Butler, its better not to mess it up!
  • Options
    two2cairnstwo2cairns Posts: 294 Member
    edited January 2011
    I've been having problems with butlers, especially since the patch. But I've never been extremely impressed with any of the hired help (babysitters, maids, etc).

So I created my own nanny sim, that I move from house to house in the neighborhood as needed. Quite simply, I think she's the perfect nanny, and I like having her under my control.

She has mastered cooking, fishing, gardening, handiness, logic, nectar making, mixology (and knows about 25-30 bar drinks), photography, martial arts (and has completed the "Timber Terminator" challenge so if she has nothing else to do, just have her break space blocks all day for gems), and the bass.

She has completed a number of the skill challenges, takes very good care of the children (especially since you can direct her activities!), and is an asset to any sim household.

I had to upload her in a house, because it seems downloaded sims now go into CAS rather than into the bin, unless they're uploaded with a house. So I just put her into one of those Bridgeport houses so she would retain her skills, inventory (that includes books, recipes, perfect fruits/veggies, etc.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3579726

Hope this helps out someone, by saving the time to skill up a sim for this purpose.
  • Options
    dilianadiliana Posts: 36
    edited May 2011
    Ive fired like 6 butlers for stealing my books lol!
    It is extremely annoying lol
    I hope they will fix that issue!!
  • Options
    JustTaylorJustTaylor Posts: 33 New Member
    edited May 2011
    two2cairns wrote:
    I've been having problems with butlers, especially since the patch. But I've never been extremely impressed with any of the hired help (babysitters, maids, etc).

So I created my own nanny sim, that I move from house to house in the neighborhood as needed. Quite simply, I think she's the perfect nanny, and I like having her under my control.

She has mastered cooking, fishing, gardening, handiness, logic, nectar making, mixology (and knows about 25-30 bar drinks), photography, martial arts (and has completed the "Timber Terminator" challenge so if she has nothing else to do, just have her break space blocks all day for gems), and the bass.

She has completed a number of the skill challenges, takes very good care of the children (especially since you can direct her activities!), and is an asset to any sim household.

I had to upload her in a house, because it seems downloaded sims now go into CAS rather than into the bin, unless they're uploaded with a house. So I just put her into one of those Bridgeport houses so she would retain her skills, inventory (that includes books, recipes, perfect fruits/veggies, etc.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3579726

Hope this helps out someone, by saving the time to skill up a sim for this purpose.
    Haha.. I did this too. Except she only mastered cooking, handiness, and gardening. And I didn't think to upload her for other people to use.. Good idea :lol:
  • Options
    oppzorrooppzorro Posts: 341 Member
    edited May 2011
    I make my Butler and sim woo hoo in the time machine...he never quits when I do that.
  • Options
    REDSTORM19592010REDSTORM19592010 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I have a male sim courting a female butler on a house boat mansion I created. Will they marry in time? Probably, but Woohoo will have to wait until they are married. In time I want them to have children.
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited January 2014
    I have never had my sims get into a romantic relationship with their butlers, but the butlers still vanish every now and again. I don't know if it's a random gameplay thing, that they might quite without notice, or just a glitch. It is a little annoying though. I tend to only have my sims hire maids now :)
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    edited January 2014
    Ok, I have had two butlers with two diffrent experiences and outcomes, the first Butler, Camilla, was great but My sim discovered She was a party animal and started partying with Her,lol. So they became pretty good friends and ended up getting married, once You become romantic with a Butler things start changing, its a fine line, I had him marry her right away, and She is great character to play with and keeps Her great cleaning skills, You just click on Her and the option for clean house pops up and she is fast,lol. I recommend Camilla for a wife, She is alot of fun to play. So when they got married they hired another Butler, dont remember his name, found out that if You dont keep a friendship level with them they get upset and leave. My Sim had to go hunt this Butler down at the park to fire Him bc We could not hire another one or a maid and We kept paying Him when He was not there.